Subject: Expansion Set #1-Betrayal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben S
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
08NOV06

The first expansion set for the Battlestar Galactica CCG releases today. So if you missed the press release, this is what you need to know:

Betrayal expands on the base set with new images, game play, and characters, all while bringing its own style to the game. The action never stops in Battlestar Galactica, including more exclusive images from the show to the game with this expansion. With Caprica as the backdrop for Betrayal, there is a lot of action to cover, both in terms of imagery and game play.

+This set adds new characters and new versions of fan favorites. Five hundred autographed cards will also be made available through random Booster purchases.

+Betrayal covers the action on Caprica, including the initial Cylon attack, Helo’s trials thereafter, Starbuck’s quest for the Arrow of Apollo, and their initial meeting with the Resistance, leading up to Starbuck’s and Helo’s return to the fleet with the Arrow and Sharon.

+Betrayal will introduce a new mission mechanic called Link.

Viper031
www.capricorncg.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it odd that there are fairly frequent ads for Magic: the Gathering on SciFi all the time, but I have yet to see one of this game during the show that it is tied into.

I'm still hoping to try out this game soon to see if it is any good or appeals to me at all, other than the theme of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Albanito
United States
Marshfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
It looks like a pretty good set.

Some of the new mechanics

Link - mission attached to a unit
Strafe - Unit can attack a ship or a personnel. Must declare first.
Vulnerable - Unit can be defended by a ship or a personnel.

But still no Hot Dog personnel card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben S
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Ward wrote:
I'm still hoping to try out this game soon to see if it is any good or appeals to me at all, other than the theme of course.

The best way to try this game out is to pick up one of the Starter Sets (i.e. a starter deck). It comes with 2, 30 card decks that allow two people to play a game. In fact, there is a prescripted 5 turn demo game in the rulebook that plays you through your first game. I've found that most people who want to give this game a try buy two starter sets. They combine the 30 card decks into 60 card decks-and that's all you need to play some games to try it out. If you can't find any Starter Sets near you, visit me over at my website and I can help you out. It's a fun, relatively fast game that really does a good job capturing the flavor of the show.

The first expansion set, Betrayal, is pretty good and it continues on where the base set left off.

Viper031

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben S
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Late November Update:

Capricorn Cards & Games (www.capricorncg.com) now has Betrayal Card
Lists, singles, and a new Forum section up and running. Plus a chance
for you to win one of the Cally Autograph cards. Thank you.

Viper031

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.