Nathan Kushner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Flesh Tetris
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In honor of the Holiday, and in honor of the fact that the little games crew I play with was planning something for that afternoon anyway, we thought we'd register our hangout with Tabletop Day and on BGG.

So, 4/11, starting at about 2 PM, we've got the run of the back room at Pacific Standard in Brooklyn, and we would be jazzed to have some strangers come by to say hi.

The back room is a lovely place to play games, and my friend Sean behind the bar would love to welcome a couple of you too, so long as you're good customers and tip the staff.

From the text of the Eventbrite page (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/consolidated-cardboard-games-at...) which basically says most of what I just said:

Our friend group has been holding game days in the back of Pacific Standard about once every few weeks for some time now, and in honor of the Holiday, we wanted to register this one for the public at large to join us!
Come by! Introduce yourselves! Jump into a game! Start a new table! Bring your favorites! Borrow ours (we typically bring more boxes than we can possibly play)!
Favorites lately include but are not limited to: Cosmic Encounter, 7 Wonders, Love Letter, Hanabi, Avalon, and Pandemic. We have played heavy games here, but not lately due to the dangers of losing track of 500 pieces and tokens. Make of that advice what you will.
The back room at Pacific Standard is a lovely place to do this. Please be a good customer, and tip well!

Please check out that page, and if possible, use it to RSVP if you think you're coming, so the bar knows what to expect.

Pacific Standard is a few blocks from the Barclays Center, and is accessible by a whole lot of different subway lines.

Pacific Standard
82 4th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11217

Maybe see you there?
Nate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nate! I'm in Bay Ridge and haven't been able to find a good group locally since moving to BK in November. Would love to join you on the 11th - let me know if there's anything I can bring!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Kushner
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Flesh Tetris
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumdum head over here forgot to subscribe to his own thread, and didn't see this reply for two weeks. Taking a quick look at your collection, I think Machi Koro would go over well, and my one friend is a Bauza-head who nevertheless has not had a chance to try Ghost Stories yet.

Let this also serve as a bump to the thread, and a reminder that this will probably be a good time with a nice crowd forming! It almost certainly will be bigger than any one game can seat.

I don't think I know what to expect in terms of the ratio of our core group to strangers that might be showing up, so if you're the kind of guy who likes to take initiative to get a table started, bring whatever helps you do that.

Thanks for writing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.