Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We broke out a 4-player game of this last night--Randy, Todd, Matt, and myself.

Here's my advice, right off the bat: Don't get greedy in your initial castle/knight placement. If you go too far into the middle, hoping to get a nice big domaine, others can sneak into your back corner and steal your thunder. And by placing too far inland, you're also very limited in where you can place the remaining castles. This is likely obvious to many, but I had to learn from experience.

So Todd and Randy were able to close off some domaines early--giving them admittedly small amounts of VPs, but some income every turn.

I had a couple of potentially nice domaines, but it took me a while to get the borders around them. When I finally did, I was in good shape, but by then the game was rapidly coming to a close.

The nail in my coffin was that I failed to get enough knights in my domaine that held the Royal City--or whatever it's called--and then Todd expanded into it and stole the city from me. He won by 4 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seemed to be about the same to me--though as you say, ours was a long time ago. With 3 players you each use 4 castles, and with 4 players you each use 3, so it's the same number on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.