flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Name of Game: Petite Pastiche
Number of Players: 2-4
Playing time: 40 minutes
Mechanics: Card Drafting, Hand Management, Pattern Building, Set Collection
1509 Chapel Dr, Valparaiso, Indiana 46383
Date: March 7, 2015

I was asked by a friend to run some games at ArtiCon 5 in Valparaiso, IN. I've attended this event for the past 3 years and was happy to run some games.

ArctiCon 5 had approximately 300 people in attendance. They raised money and food stuffs for Feed-a-vet and Adopt-a-vet through Admission, donations, raffles, and food sales. Gaming of all sorts was happening for 13 hrs... Miniature games, Roleplaying, Board gaming, you name it.

My Ninth and final game of the day was Petite pastiche. This It was a 3 player game. 2 players were new new to the game.

Players:

Kirby (me)
Amanda
Crystal

Little bit of explanation of the theme and rules and we were on or way. The ladies caught on to the mechanics rather quickly.

I jumped out into the lead early with Breakfast in Bed for 9 pts.

Next up was Amanda with St Catherine of Alexandria for 10 pts.

I came back with Woman Reading for 8 pts.

Not far behind to make everyone have points was Crystal with Portrait of Monsieur Maurice Joyant for 8 pts.

Amanda struck again finishing Dancers in Blue for 11 pts.

Keeping it close Crystal completed The Birth of Venus for 10 pts.

I jumped back into the lead with Martyrdom of St. Maurice for 12 pts.

Amanda sent us into endgame dropping Still Life With Tureen for 10 pts.

After apply our final end game points Amanda was the big winner

Final:

Amanda 35
Kirby (me) 30
Crystal 20

This is one of my faves to play and this play though was a lot of fun. The ladies loved it. They commented on all the pretty colors. we all felt it was great to have control and not have much luck factor in. There was minimal trading in this game.

Game time 60 min with explanation and chatter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.