Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mope
Mope
Gee. That looks cool guys. Wish I had my set.
Mope
Mope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If it is any consolation, I only have the core set ordered, but dod so from Amazon when they had the low price, and I am still waiting on them to figure out if/when they will ship it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwin
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakecarol wrote:

If it is any consolation, I only have the core set ordered, but dod so from Amazon when they had the low price, and I am still waiting on them to figure out if/when they will ship it.

Same deal here. So tempted to just cancel it and order from CSI. The lack of any information at all from Amazon is frustrating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
Mope
Mope
Gee. That looks cool guys. Wish I had my set.
Mope
Mope

Same here my friend. Worry not though, we have a big box o' Star Wars coming...eventually...one day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered the 50% off sale on Amazon, will probably be waiting months before I get mine (if I even do)...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Incoming mope...

"Mope"

If I was younger I'd probably be impulsive and get another core set just to open it without having to wait. One of the few benefits of getting older is an increase in patience.... I guess :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add...

A guy who posted on the release date, "enquiringnewt", has posted that wave 1 will arrive for shipping to us in late April, early may. He was dead on with saying when the core would arrive.

So it looks like at least another month of waiting for those of us who did an "all in one" core and wave 1 preorder.

/sigh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I ordered the 50% off sale on Amazon, will probably be waiting months before I get mine (if I even do)...

-shnar

Not to scare you, but lost time I pre-ordered a board game from Amazon...

Order Placed: August 6, 2013

Two-Day Shipping

Shipped on November 10, 2013

Good thing I had that two day shipping I am pretty much sure I would of been horrified about a Nov 11th deliver. The horrors!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of expecting as much. I want the game, but not really that big of a hurry to play it, so I'll be fine if it takes a while. I just hope it doesn't take years...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same boat...

On the plus side, most of the folks I would play with also ordered the ships all at once, so we can be miserable together. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 Core sets (one each for my brother and I) was enough to qualify for free shipping from CSI by themselves, so I left them as a separate order and I'll order the Wave 1 stuff later. I just got my shipping notice today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwin
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes. Well, based on the terrifying tales of Amazon being weeks to months late on preorders, I've gone ahead and canceled my order. Good to know they're not reliable for stuff not yet in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go with Coolstuffinc, they are fantastic. Or Miniature Market is probably just as good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Maravola
United States
South Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree on CSI, but I preordered the core and all of wave 1 together and now I'm stuck waiting for all of wave 1 to hit before I can get any of it... ARRRRGH!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of it this way, you could be waiting for a kickstarter copy of Up Front to arrive!!! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
JohnnyD wrote:
Think of it this way, you could be waiting for a kickstarter copy of Up Front to arrive!!! shake

I pre-ordered my Armada wave 1 ships with Up Front! ARG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People preorder board games from Amazon? ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Darwin
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to order most (non-game) things via Amazon since they're cheap and reliable (and I'm often working with a specific deadline). And they had a really good deal going back in January for Armada: $58 including shipping, so I tested them out.

I've since decided to cancel and reorder with CSI today though, since Amazon still has no info on when it would be fulfilled. Now I know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pollock
United States
Seven Hills
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I chatted with an AMAZON rep and he states that this item is schedule to arrive on April 20th. Grrr, but the money saved just allows me more ships to buy. The manual is available to download so I can read ahead. Maybe we will get an early surprise, but if not patients is a virtue...right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mpollockrph wrote:
I chatted with an AMAZON rep and he states that this item is schedule to arrive on April 20th. Grrr, but the money saved just allows me more ships to buy. The manual is available to download so I can read ahead. Maybe we will get an early surprise, but if not patients is a virtue...right?

Pretty sure my magic eight ball or Ouija Board would be as accurate as that Amazon rep!

*shakes magic eightball*

Should of ordered from CSI!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Stansell
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hansolo88 wrote:
Go with Coolstuffinc, they are fantastic. Or Miniature Market is probably just as good.

I alternate between these two all the time. CSI is great (and local for me). I have two separate orders for Core Sets from MM this time, but no word on them shipping yet. Hopefully the card sleeves I got with them aren't holding them up! Everything else in the orders was in stock at the time, so I figured they'd just reserve them on a shelf somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpollockrph wrote:

Think of it this way: wait until Wave 1 ships come out. If Amazon has shipped copies by then, great! You just got a free ship with the savings! If not, cancel it and order from somewhere else. Amazon will probably be happy, because I doubt they are getting any margin at all at $53, more likely a loss.

Ideally, talk a friend into picking up a core set from somewhere else and letting you play, win-win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same "I pre-ordered it from Amazon" club. If it's a little late, I'll be okay with it considering how much I spent, BUT I can't help but a little jealous of anyone that is getting their copy now.

Okay.

Maybe a lot jealous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got to wait on mine too...

doesn't help that the FLGS where I work at has them in stock now. Right in front of me. When I already have money allocated elsewhere :C
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually waiting for the first FAQ to see how much errata it has. FFG often corrects early errata in the second printing run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.