Subject: Wargamers just north of St. Louis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: wargames [+] [View All]
Martin Kulp
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
I know there's a meetup group, but I'm too lazy to drive over to St. Louis and I've completely lost all interest in short euro games. With my newfound love of wargames, all I need now is ONE opponent!

Anybody? Anybody?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Holmstrom
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin;
Just how far "north" of saint Louis are you? What wargames do you want to play?
I live in the city and am willing to drive an hour out---if we have similar game interests.
Let me know!

Dale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kulp
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
Dale,

I live just over the river, in Alton. The only wargames I own so far are Axis and Allies, The First World War, Hammer of the Scots, War of 1812, and War of the Ring although this will be expanding rapidly. Like to try some heavier and longer games (perhaps not ASL, though).

Martin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live deep in the city, but would be willing to travel if my opponent would reciprocate sometimes. I've been really getting into 2p wargaming lately, too. Recent thumbs ups are Paths of Glory (I can't get enough), Shifting Sands, Barbarossa to Berlin.

I have and would like to play more of: Rommel in the Desert, Hannibal, Europe Engulfed and the GMT American Revolution games. I own a handful of other wargames in addition to the ones I mentioned.

Some of these are longer and require a player not to be too slow and a good chunk of time to play (or multiple sessions), but are well worth it.

I've been trying to find more 2p wargame opponents locally, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Elliott
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I just moved away from St. Louis. But I expect to return to the area either next year or the year after. And I like wargames. So, one of these days...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel Free to join the meetup group too - there are occasional ad-hoc war game events, and if you post on the boards there you'll likely find someone willing to play.

Timothy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks as if we have sold out our room block for the National Block Party. The rate I was quoted was $85.00. I will check and see if I can get an expansion of the room block. The tourneys are set and will have a short demo before the start.

Tourneys are Hammer of the Scots, Diplomacy, Game of Thrones, Commands & Colors: Ancients, Clash for a Continent, War of 1812 and Liberty. We will have con T-shirts, a vendor and F2F Gaming.

Preregister price is $25, $30 at the door and $10 for a one day entry...

http://www.ohiovalleygamers.org/nationalblockparty.html for more information....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Room Block Update

I went to the hotel and spoke with them. The hotel increased our block. However, you must call the hotel directly. Our original room block was really small, so there are rooms available.

Call 877-451-2595

Have a Merry Christmas!

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.