Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So,

I noticed that some of the Agendas the Imperial player gets as the campaign progresses are attachments. But I cannot seem to find any rules regarding them. How do they work with the campaign? Do I only get the attachment for the next mission? Or do I keep it for all future missions? And can I attach it to any unit?

As a bonus question, is there a check list somewhere of everything we need to do at the end of a mission (XP, shopping, etc)?

Thanks! And sorry in advance for this and future questions. I just want our first few nights to go as smoothly as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 5 of the Rules Reference Guide, under the heading Attachments.

Edit: Bonus: Page 13 Learn to play guide, under heading Campaign Structure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mustardayonnaiz wrote:
Page 5 of the Rules Reference Guide, under the heading Attachments.

Edit: Bonus: Page 13 Learn to play guide, under heading Campaign Structure.

I'll check when I get home but I don't think thise sections specifically cover the Imperial player and agenda cards as the dudes I use between campaigns differs. That's why I came here to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry thought you meant Class Cards

Maybe this is what you mean?

RRG page 4, heading Agenda, subsection: Ongoing

Ongoing: Some Agenda cards are placed in the Imperial
player’s play area after purchasing. These cards have an
ongoing effect and remain in play until discarded by another
effect. These Agenda cards are kept with the Imperial player’s
components between sessions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are both Agenda-based attachments snd Class-based ones. They work the same way. The Agenda card will tell you what to do when the group it is attached to is defeated.

As for a checklist of what to do between missions, the Campaign Log is it. There are even checkboxes for the stages that need to be performed. Look up the stage in the RRG for a list of things to do during that stage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
If the agenda attachment card says you need to discard it after some event (group defeated or mission ends for example), you do it as the card says. If it is not mentioned on the card, you can use the attachment again and again until the end of the campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
you do it as the card says.

This works well as a general guideline for everything. People should use it more. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
mrakomor wrote:

This works well as a general guideline for everything. People should use it more. whistle
In my gaming group we say a game is RTFC: Read The Fracking Card.

I think the imperial attachments are some of the most OP things in this game. I have the attachment to give each figure +2 health. Turns regular stormtroopers into quite a force to be reckoned with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assault Armor is nice, and Military Might seems to be the most straightforward of the class decks with a lot of obvious and multi-use choices and great low-XP alternatives which are extremely useful in any of the later missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killerardvark wrote:
a1bert wrote:
mrakomor wrote:

In my gaming group we say a game is RTFC: Read The Fracking Card.

I think the imperial attachments are some of the most OP things in this game. I have the attachment to give each figure +2 health. Turns regular stormtroopers into quite a force to be reckoned with.

So does Assault Armor give every figure of every type +2 Health. I don't have to attach it to a specific deployment card? Wow, that it powerful and worth saving the extra xp.

Edit: With a little more searching, I found the answer in another thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(He meant each figure in a group. Not every figure on the imperial side.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.