Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » News

Subject: Keep your eyes peeled for a new FAQ soon [speculative] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Looks like Call of Cthulhu just got a new FAQ - here's hoping ours will be out soon too gonna be rabidly checking the support page over the next few days only to inevitably find it's been posted while I'm sleeping and someone has beaten me to finding it
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geekmate75
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can't wait for it too !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Star Wars appears to have also gotten an updated FAQ just last week.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Looks like Call of Cthulhu just got a new FAQ - here's hoping ours will be out soon too gonna be rabidly checking the support page over the next few days only to inevitably find it's been posted while I'm sleeping and someone has beaten me to finding it


I don't follow as closely as I used to. Are there really any major issues people are waiting on?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mbialeck wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Looks like Call of Cthulhu just got a new FAQ - here's hoping ours will be out soon too gonna be rabidly checking the support page over the next few days only to inevitably find it's been posted while I'm sleeping and someone has beaten me to finding it


I don't follow as closely as I used to. Are there really any major issues people are waiting on?


There's certainly been a lot of "Word of Lukas" that isn't in the FAQ yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoshi
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mbialeck wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Looks like Call of Cthulhu just got a new FAQ - here's hoping ours will be out soon too gonna be rabidly checking the support page over the next few days only to inevitably find it's been posted while I'm sleeping and someone has beaten me to finding it


I don't follow as closely as I used to. Are there really any major issues people are waiting on?


Housekeeping, how does it work???!!!! We have asked and waited for sooooo looooong now!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall that there was a Post-SC, Pre-Regional FAQ last year...and being very annoyed that some maddening itch in either AGOT or ANR had to wait that long to be scratched.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
and it is up. Q-coherance chip is now usable Otherwise nothing very exciting.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AHHHHHHHHHHH

All we got is a news article, the file still isn't showing up! Gimme gimme gimme!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
the link in the article is the old one, but it is on the support page.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/97/f5...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
and it is up. Q-coherance chip is now usable Otherwise nothing very exciting.

Very usable. This is great news.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Other highlights:

- Removing advancement tokens is finally official.
- Cascading triggers are finally official ("chain reactions")
- Subroutines can now officially only be broken during an encounter with the ice.
- Housekeeping confirmed: You *CAN* install the last card in grip, and it *DOES NOT* kill you
- Hivemind+Incubator confirmed: Incubator moves all the counters on Hivemind with it


Wheee, I love new rules! Really glad I don't have any plans this Saturday, time to get some serious work done on Ancur!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the weirdness with False Lead is fixed too. Well, partially. It still doesn't account for Rachel Beckman.

Oops, I was reading the 1.6 FAQ. The new one is 2.0.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
Looks like the weirdness with False Lead is fixed too. Well, partially. It still doesn't account for Rachel Beckman.


It's weirdly worded, but I think it does.

Quote:
The turn advances to the Runner’s discard phase after 1.2 resolves and the Runner has no clicks.


I think this means, "If the Runner has no clicks after 1.2 resolves, the turn advances to the Runner's discard phase."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jakodrako wrote:
Other highlights:

- Removing advancement tokens is finally official.
- Cascading triggers are finally official ("chain reactions")
- Subroutines can now officially only be broken during an encounter with the ice.
- Housekeeping confirmed: You *CAN* install the last card in grip, and it *DOES NOT* kill you
- Hivemind+Incubator confirmed: Incubator moves all the counters on Hivemind with it


Wheee, I love new rules! Really glad I don't have any plans this Saturday, time to get some serious work done on Ancur!

You missed an important one; Gemini, Sagittarius, and Virgo all trash a piece of hardware at a trace strength of 5 or greater, even if unsuccessful...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
has Archives Interface + Eater been ruled on?

it looks to me that you can't use AI with Eater, but i've seen a few people who strongly believe that you can. a podcast (can't remember which one. i think corpdraw) had a discussion about it. i think everyone had really strong opinions one way at the beginning of the conversation then everyone seemed really confused by the end of it.


Skylar114 wrote:
jakodrako wrote:
Other highlights:

- Removing advancement tokens is finally official.
- Cascading triggers are finally official ("chain reactions")
- Subroutines can now officially only be broken during an encounter with the ice.
- Housekeeping confirmed: You *CAN* install the last card in grip, and it *DOES NOT* kill you
- Hivemind+Incubator confirmed: Incubator moves all the counters on Hivemind with it


Wheee, I love new rules! Really glad I don't have any plans this Saturday, time to get some serious work done on Ancur!

You missed an important one; Gemini, Sagittarius, and Virgo all trash a piece of hardware at a trace strength of 5 or greater, even if unsuccessful...
i have mixed feelings about this ruling.

on the one hand, it annoys me that i've had to argue with people over what, to me, seems like an obvious and clear wording of the cards.

on the other hand, i can now show those people this ruling and tell them things like 'i told you so,' and that's pretty satisfying.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
has Archives Interface + Eater been ruled on?

it looks to me that you can't use AI with Eater, but i've seen a few people who strongly believe that you can. a podcast (can't remember which one. i think corpdraw) had a discussion about it. i think everyone had really strong opinions one way at the beginning of the conversation then everyone seemed really confused by the end of it.


Lukas already ruled that Eater does not work with Archives Interface. I guess he didn't think it was important enough to put into the FAQ tho.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Painter
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:

on the one hand, it annoys me that i've had to argue with people over what, to me, seems like an obvious and clear wording of the cards.

on the other hand, i can now show those people this ruling and tell them things like 'i told you so,' and that's pretty satisfying.


How were people arguing that the constellation ice didn't trigger an effect if the trace was 5 or greater?

My only question would be whether it's an additional effect (e.g. corp boosts trace to 5, runner doesn't try to beat it, take 2 net damage/lose two programs/pieces of hardware/take 2 tags)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
spaint2k wrote:
dr00 wrote:

on the one hand, it annoys me that i've had to argue with people over what, to me, seems like an obvious and clear wording of the cards.

on the other hand, i can now show those people this ruling and tell them things like 'i told you so,' and that's pretty satisfying.


How were people arguing that the constellation ice didn't trigger an effect if the trace was 5 or greater?

My only question would be whether it's an additional effect (e.g. corp boosts trace to 5, runner doesn't try to beat it, take 2 net damage/lose two programs/pieces of hardware/take 2 tags)


People can misinterpret almost anything. And yes, those are two separate effects and so the runner can be made to suffer both.

EDIT: FWIW, it's not actually an 'additional' effect. If it was, the Runner could use (for example) a single Deus Ex or Crash Space to prevent both points of damage. It's two discrete instances of damage, so they can't.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Painter
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:

EDIT: FWIW, it's not actually an 'additional' effect. If it was, the Runner could use (for example) a single Deus Ex or Crash Space to prevent both points of damage. It's two discrete instances of damage, so they can't.


That's a very important distinction, thanks for pointing it out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.