Subject: Storage solution? Good PLANO box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher James
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Assuming this game will need PLANO boxes... and assuming the box insert is typical awful FFG style... (seriously FFG does everything first rate except that insert lol)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
What's a first rate insert? I have NEVER seen one that isn't either boring, doesn't fit stuff right, doesn't fit stuff with sleeves or expansions, or doesn't make components go all over the place once it rattles a bit. (To be fair I haven't opened ogre yet . . . )

I'd rather have a boring rgg, gmt, or ffg insert and just modify it to suit my needs with a pair of scissors.

Two things separate this from x-wing, though, I think when it comes to storage.

1) the box is big. (right?) it will probably hold all out stuff for quite a while.

2) there's less ships, and they're bigger.

I doubt we're going to have to utilize tons of plano boxes right away (and this is coming from someone with about fifty or sixty of them) I bet a hunk of foam in the box and a small plano for tokens/starfighters will suffice for a long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher James
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
abyss has a sick insert ;0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Earth Reborn has an amazing insert, I think it even works with sleeves, Mage Knight Board Game is also very well done, although I seem to remember you have to rearrange some stuff if you sleeve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
How long did it take Battlefoam to jump on the X Wing bandwagon? Did you have to buy a separate box for those, or did they fit into the X Wing base set box? I could see picking up some battlefoam for this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wagner
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
Do you have to take the ships apart to fit in the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kelmelis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't pick up a Plano this time around - I found this one.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Flambeau-T4-Multiloader-Tool-Box/2...

It'll hold for a while, but I expect sometime around Wave 2 or 3 I may need to upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wagner
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
wrabbit37 wrote:
I didn't pick up a Plano this time around - I found this one.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Flambeau-T4-Multiloader-Tool-Box/2...

It'll hold for a while, but I expect sometime around Wave 2 or 3 I may need to upgrade.

Can you post a picture of how the mini's fit in this box? The pictures on Amazon and Walmart don't give a good feel for how big the various compartments are.

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.