Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryant Hudson
United States
Cullman
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't back this, but I'm very interested to hear how this is as a solo game. Are you just playing multiple hands are is the game quite a bit different? I've been looking for a science fiction/horror theme and this could fill that niche.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McSorley
Scotland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I'm aware, when playing solo you would play a single deck. The base has less hit points and the aliens only attack your player lane. However, there seems to be nothing preventing you from playing multiple decks yourself.

I backed the game but have yet to receive it so this is all picked up from the videos on the kickstarter site.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Hudson
United States
Cullman
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Now just questioning if regular version of the game is worth the price. Seems a little high. Not sure. Have to watch more reviews or see when it arrives in stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed this game with the intention of playing 100% solo so I will let you know as soon as I get my hands on it! I intend to dual wield so I can leverage the abilities that help multiple players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
protocol 7
msg tools
I played it solo couple times. I got my ass kicked in wave 3. It looks like while it is possible to solo this, but the game is really swingy. If you encounter the boss early, it was total annihilation. With 15 health points for the base, one bad turn and the game is over. As for retail, the player/item boards are crappy as well. They are slightly thicker than Arkham horror investigator sheets. These definitely won't last long. It's a shame since kickstarter backer boards were nice and thick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Hudson
United States
Cullman
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do dread thin, player boards. That irritated me with Nations as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
protocol7 wrote:
As for retail, the player/item boards are crappy as well. They are slightly thicker than Arkham horror investigator sheets. These definitely won't last long. It's a shame since kickstarter backer boards were nice and thick.

How are you able to compare retail vs kickstarter playerboards?
Are retail copies already released?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fornas
Spain
Almazora
Castellon
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think you get both, retail and a big matt that has all the board printed on it. Am I wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With my kickstarter, I got the thin cardboard player lanes as part of the core (and the item/card placemat) - as well as the thick card player lanes and the mouse-mat style item/card placemat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B
United Kingdom
cheshire
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How's the replay value? Is there any variation in the enemy decks or setup, other than different HQs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Different items available and different bosses. Plus if you have the kickstarter extras - there's heroic versions of things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kutch DeKutch
msg tools
I beat it on my third solo try with 1 base point, but I got lucky and only pulled one boss. The other two times I didn't make it past wave two, although I may have forgotten about my special abilities a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can play multiple lanes solo. Difficult as there's so many things to keep track of but definitely do-able.

Just played my first game solo (1 lane) and my base was overrrun on turn 6. I had ONE bad turn on turn 4 (first wave 2) and lost 9 base points just like that. Ouch!

Definitely burn the militia to buy better troops in Wave 2!

(EDIT: ah... there's a difference between BURNing and DISCARDing. Makes a HUGE difference in Wave 2 & 3. No wonder I lost.)

Boards: I use the retail (thin) boards for the Resource and Item boards (takes less space) but definitely the thicker boards for the player lanes as they hold up better and also have spaces for your Resource Deck and Discards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.