Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

Our website is bound to go live in a week or two along with pictures of the sculpts for our plastic minis, as well as the rule book. Our idea is to publish the rulebook online a few weeks before printing, with the hope that you fine bunch will comment on them, find errors and tell us where you need clarification.

However before publishing the rules online we would like to share the rules with a select few of you to help catch the most obvious mistakes first. So if you are interested in this game and can deliver quality feedback pretty soon then please leave a notice here in the thread.

Thanks.

Ps: You all deserve a little sneak peak at one of our sculpts (still a few details to be added, but it should give you an idea of the quality of components) arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Mills
Guernsey
Vale
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Christian,

I would be happy to have a look at the rules for you, always room for a good Pirate game!

The ship mini looks very nice.

Best Wishes,

Alan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alan, thanks - Noted arrrh

A beta version should be ready tonight or tommorow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there!
I'd love to have a thorough read of the rules. I minored in English in college, although that was long ago!
Hope I can help you while you assist me.
Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Iniguez
United States
Idaho Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done some proof reading and playtesting for other game systems, and would be interested in this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done editing for a few RPGs and would be happy to look at this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy to help.

Editor by profession and have proofed game rules for several companies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys - thanks for all of your replies! I'll keep in touch soon. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schoenherr
msg tools
mb
WOW! That is an awesome plastic mini. thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Will the game feature different minis for different ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Paul.

Yes, the game will include a seperate mini for each ship type, apart from the Man O' War and Galleon which share the same miniature. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi... Just chiming in to say that wa have contacted a few of you, and to give a big thanks to everyone who volounteered - Much appreciated! arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a first look at a few pages of our rules book (not fully edited!) and some pictures not made public until now

Rules sneak peak www.bloodlinegames.com/preview.pdf
Captain Cards www.bloodlinegames.com/captains.pdf

As designers we had not yet found the pirate game that really did the things we wanted to see. We wanted to go look for rumors, complete jobs, prey on merchant ships, get hunted by naval ships, modify our ships, buy cheap and sell expensively and of course with an exciting combat system thrown in. You will find all that and more here. It has been our ambition to create the pirate game that the board gaming community has been longing for.

Hope you like it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika R.
Finland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your sailor-game truly sounds interesting! Seems to be just the right remedy for the Pirates! depression

How many days left for revealing more information about your publisher and expected availability date? Could it once be that the Nordic countries are getting served with utter goodness before German/English regions. Or is it just a dream of mine that will never happen?

EDIT: Ok, I found from another thread that you are estimating late December launch, if all goes well. So, does it seem likely at the moment?

EDIT: PS. I am also interested to look at your early edition of the rules. I am finishing my doctorate on information engineering so at the moment I am rather used to looking for tiny, tiny errors... goo
just found out that you have already found your men/women. Well, I'm still available if needed..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mika...

The release will be early next year.

We are considering releasing a few pages of combat - but if not we will release the whole rule book shortly (within weeks).

Glad you like it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seth, Johnathan, Mika or someone else... Would any of you be able to read through the rules and comment on them really fast? As in this weekend? Launch is imminent

Thanks arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Schoenherr
msg tools
mb
I would love to take a look if you like. My english is not perfect, but I should be able to spot errors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika R.
Finland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, I can do it. If you can send them soon, i'll spend the rest of the afternoon/early evening to go through it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. I have sent you a PM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Christian, it's good to see another update. My schedule won't let me help proof--I'm committed to playtesting another game right now--but keep the info coming! Test shots of the rules/board look gorgeous.

I hope you're sticking to the plan of making the minis waterline rather than full-hull, other than that, the prototype looks very good.

I'm sure you can't project a specific release date yet because of printing schedules, component shipments, collation, etc., but do you have an estimate of retail price yet? Thanks.

Looking good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika R.
Finland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok Christian, sent you some personal feedback on the rules. Have to say things are looking nice for this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Barry Kendall wrote:
Hi Christian, it's good to see another update. My schedule won't let me help proof--I'm committed to playtesting another game right now--but keep the info coming! Test shots of the rules/board look gorgeous.

I hope you're sticking to the plan of making the minis waterline rather than full-hull, other than that, the prototype looks very good.

I'm sure you can't project a specific release date yet because of printing schedules, component shipments, collation, etc., but do you have an estimate of retail price yet? Thanks.

Looking good!

Thanks Barry - we are quite proud of the look and feel of the game (and the gameplay obviously ). The ships will indeed be water cut. The sloop (smallest ship) might get a base (but will still be water cut).

As for price... The price won't finally be decided til early next year when we will be taking preorders, but it will not be a cheap game per se. The first edition will only see a limited run, and we are going for top-notch components.

Quote:
Ok Christian, sent you some personal feedback on the rules. Have to say things are looking nice for this game

Thanks Mika. Great feedback! Some good catches in there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Stewart
United States
Anoka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
We shall drink to our partnership. Do you like gin? It is my only weakness.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules posted were very yummy and I'm hungry for the whole game. The only question I had involved ports. If you choose the Port maneuver for your turn, would you be able to do all of the port actions (buy, sell, visit shipyard, ect) in one turn or are they all meant as separate turns under port maneuver?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Wade, I'm really glad to hear that!

To answer your question: When you choose the 'port' maneuver you can indeed do every port action, but each action can only be done once, and 'sell goods' action must be the first action you take (if you wish to sell anything).

arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Feige
United States
Centreville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I greedy but was wondering if there were any recent updates? Screenshot of final gameboard or ships maybe? arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Daniel... We will likly have some quite exciting news next week - or at least soon

I dont know if you also have seen our website at www.bloodlinegames.com, but it includes quite a bit of info as well as a rule book for download.

Thanks for your interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.