Cynan de Leon
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2-player game with Echoes and base game.
I activate the Dogma on Hot Air Balloon, a green Age 6 card:

You may achieve (if eligible) a top card from any other player’s board if they have an achievement of matching value. If you do, transfer your top green card to that player’s board. Otherwise, draw and meld a 7.

My opponent, who has more light builbs than I do, shares. She can't achieve any of my top cards, so she draws and melds a 7.

Then, after her share of the Dogma, I go ahead and achieve one of her top cards. I then transfer my top green card, which is Hot Air Balloon. My highest top card is now Age 3 (yes, weird game).

(Q1) Was my opponent supposed to meld the Age 7 card? I think that we played that correctly

(Q2) If that is the case, then game state changed, and I get a free Draw. What Age do I draw from: Age 6, which was my highest Age when I activated the Dogma, or Age 3, my highest Age now?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
char(filter(1,[1 -1],[66 5 0 -39 82 -3 -12 8 8 -82]))
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1: Yes, your opponent should have melded the card, as per the instructions on Hot Air Balloon.

Q2: Age 3. The bonus draw is based on your highest card at the moment of drawing, not what your board looked like before your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and you draw a 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cynan de Leon
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the reply! GG tipped to both repliers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.