Popular Tags: [View All]
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It compares quite nicely. In my experience, it plays quicker (a 2 player game tends to last 60-90 minutes tops). Has lots of interesting twists due to both the cards and the different factions win conditions, and of course, it has the Death Star. devil

It is probably my favorite Risk variant, with 2210 running close behind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary rembo
United Kingdom
brighton
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO this plays a lot better than the clone wars edition. I dont know extactly why as the mechanics of both games are similar in lots of ways. We just found it more fun and a better organised board etc. The death star and force meter both help also. Loving it anywhooo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B P
Bermuda
flag msg tools
I've played them all. This ranks right up there. IMO this game is best played with three people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug McBratney
United States
Santa Ana
California
flag msg tools
There's a good review on BGG comparing the original with several variants: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/249522

I've played original and 2210. I would give SWOT a tie with 2210. The components and strategic scope are slightly inferior. I would have liked to see ship miniatures instead of the cardboard tokens, and the rebel speeders are really thin-looking (Wookie for 3x Rebels would have been a good alternative imo). The 3 factions make every game a different experience. But my number 1 reason is, it's much easier to get my kids (Age 11,9,7) to play! Risk Original is too boring, Risk 2210 is too complicated. Risk SWOT is juuuust right! :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.