10 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Statistics (excel) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Würtz
msg tools
Hi,

I've seen many a player around here, talking about how well a house is doing in a game of thrones.

So I wondered. Does anyone have a nice detailed excel-file they want to share?

I'm looking for a bit more than just which house won; e.g. how well did the player who played Stark do, which round the game ended and so forth.

I hope someone can help my group's statistic problem become useful

By the way, checked the file-forum, but nothing popped up..

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler B
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here. Taken from this thread.

As for when the game ends, this is the only resource I know.

As for the "how well did the player who played Stark do" type questions, well... "When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Würtz
msg tools
amazing work - thx for the link
How stupid of me not to think of looking in PBF.

Thumbs up given.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you doing this for fun or school? Trying to rank order the probability of winning using logistic regression or maybe analysis of variance with the different variables? Sorry my interest was peaked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool idea, I have some stats, but they lack the detail you are looking for, and they are almost entirely from Vassal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Würtz
msg tools
It's only for personal fun and our group. I'm no master of excel at all, but excel is an amazing program, and i kinda enjoy trying things out..

You can learn a lot from a throughout file.. And maybe add new interesting stuff as suggested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ceiteach Mac
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
Are you doing this for fun or school? Trying to rank order the probability of winning using logistic regression or maybe analysis of variance with the different variables? Sorry my interest was peaked.

This would be a really fun project! You could use an ordered probit model, with player finishing position as your dependent variable and independent dummies indicating player house. You'd have perfect multicollinearity with those dummies though.

You could also control for player experience and skill using the data on number of games played and win ratio.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ceiteach wrote:
whiskemuscles wrote:

This would be a really fun project! You could use an ordered probit model, with player finishing position as your dependent variable and independent dummies indicating player house. You'd have perfect multicollinearity with those dummies though.

You could also control for player experience and skill using the data on number of games played and win ratio.

Showoff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler B
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ceiteach wrote:
whiskemuscles wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ceiteach Mac
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottishduck wrote:
Ceiteach wrote:
whiskemuscles wrote:

I've a couple of games finishing up, so I just might
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.