Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: All-In Journeyman Kickstarter Pledge - Help Me Sort out the Over the Top Content rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed out on the 1st Kickstarter, but have decided to go all-in on Myth Journeyman. However, I'd like some help to confirm my Kickstarter pledge. I'm mostly concerned with having deciphered the content of the Over the Top add-on correctly.

$220 Hero Level
*$50 Undead (20 Shamblers, 2 Soulless, 1 Bones, and monster cards) [incl. in Hero Level]

$300 Over the Top
1 Treasure Bag
1 Spriggan Novice Hero (cards provided with 2nd ed stuff)
2 Trickster Novice Hero & alt. gender (cards provided with 2nd ed stuff)
2 Skald Novice Hero & alt. gender (cards provided with 2nd ed stuff)
1 Keesi & Og Mini-Boss +1 card
1 IA boss +12 cards
1 The Rat King Boss +14 cards
25 Cyclops (20 Sycline Minions +1 card, 4 Sycleech Captain +1 card, & 1 Syclopt Boss +12 cards)
3 Agents +6 cards
12 Lairs (2 Grubbers, 2 Crawlers, 2 Elemental, 2 Sycline, 2 Tailless, 2 Undead)
Item Expansion #1 (1 unique deck of 30 cards)
Quest Expansion #1, and #2 (2 unique decks of 30 cards each)
Tile Supplement #1 (6 unique tiles, the backs complete the tavern used in the Bar Fight mode)
Realm Tile Expansion (10 unique tiles)
Slaughterfield Supplement Pack (5 unique tiles, 40 cards)
5 Alt. Gender Novice Heroes
6 Traps
1 Orcneas Boss +12 cards
1 Urulok Boss +11 cards
1 Etrus the Last Mini-Boss +1 card
10 Tailless Minions +1 card (completes Rise of the Huranii module)
2 Rath Captain +1 card (completes Rise of the Huranii module)
10 Iathi Minions +3 cards (completes Four Pillar of Creation module)
2 Ios Captain +1 card (completes Four Pillar of Creation module)

Please let me know if I've misunderstood anything about the Over the Top offering? I'm especially curious if the Quest Expansions, Realm Tile Expansion, and the Tile Supplement match the Additional Purchases as I've outlined it (see below)? As I see it the following Additional Purchases are included:

Additional Purchases Included in Over the Top:
*$5 Treasure Bag
*$15 Spriggan (Hero)
*$15 Trickster (Hero)
*$15 Skald (Hero)
*$15 Keesi & Og Mini-Boss
*$20 IA (Elemental Boss)
*$20 The Rat King
*$20x2 Cyclops (10 Sycline, 2 Sycleech) [incl. 2 sets, plus 1 Syclopt Boss]
*$20 Agents (Kelish, Talsia, and Stvln)
*$10x2 Lairs (Grubber, Crawler, Shambler, Elemental, Sycline, & Tailless) [incl. 2 of ea. set]
*$10 Item Expansions #1
*$15x2 Quest Expansions #1, and #2
*$25 6x6 Tiles Supplement #1
=*$250 TOTAL

The above stuff totals $250 if purchased separately in the Myth Journeyman Kickstarter. The following section lists what you get for your additional $50.

Items Included in Over the Top, but Not Available as Additional Purchases:
Realm Tile Expansion (10 unique tiles)
Slaughterfield Supplement Pack (5 unique tiles, 40 cards)
5 Alt. Gender Novice Heroes
6 Traps
1 Orcneas Boss +12 cards
1 Urulok Boss +11 cards
1 Etrus the Last Mini-Boss +1 card
10 Tailless Minions +1 card (completes Rise of the Huranii module)
2 Rath Captain +1 card (completes Rise of the Huranii module)
10 Iathi Minions +3 cards (completes Four Pillar of Creation module)
2 Ios Captain +1 card (completes Four Pillar of Creation module)

Next we can finally leave the Over the Top stuff behind, and look at what else is available. I think this covers everything else.

Additional Purchases Not Included in the Hero Level, nor in Over the Top:
$10x2 Item Expansions #2, and 3 (#1 is included in Over the Top)
$15 Quest Expansions #3 (#1, and 2 are included in Over the Top)
$25 6x6 Tiles Supplement #2 (#1 is included in Over the Top)
$15 Female Brigand in Shadows
$15 Male Brigand in Shadows
$10 Marcus the Ready (1 model & 1 ally card)
$10 Spriggan Journeyman (1 model & 10 hero cards)
$15 Trickster Journeyman (2 models & 10 hero cards)
$15 Skald Journeyman (2 models & 10 hero cards)
$15 Razorfiend Mini-Boss
$10x2 Sculpted Lairs (the new ones that go with the Modules)
$40 Limited Edition Hardcover Myth Rulebook
$130 All-In Modules
=$345 TOTAL

Lastly there are also a very select few additions that I'm simply not into.

Additional Purchases That Don't Excite Me:
$5x? 50-Pack of Sleeves
$10 10 Colored Fate Dice
$10x4 Tuckboxes (4 sets: Base, Light, Dark, and Kickstarter Exclusives)
=$50+ TOTAL (I don't know how many sleeves will be needed)

So what may I have overlooked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have it all!

that is some serious pledge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
I think you have it all!
Thanks, and have I mapped all the Over the Top content correctly to the Additional Purchases as well?

yamato2 wrote:
that is some serious pledge!
Yeah, please don't tell my wife. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find the designs for the Tuck Boxes in the Files section. It is where Careless Opossum originally posted them.

I do recall that the KS exclusive heroes might not be there though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Few thoughts.

Don't get the tuck boxes.

The designs are on here for free.
And with some reading and basic cutting and gluing skills you can make your own. And at custom sizes to fit the cards how you like.
The benefit of buying them of course is less effort and they are likely to look some what cleaner as the images will be full res.

Next regarding the sleeves.

I'd suggest two packs for each hero if you are feeling gong ho.
Reason for two packs is that one pack is one shy of enough for novice (31) plus JM (2x10). And a second pack will give you that one, plus extras for master and Legendary.
With some left over for split sleeves and custom content.

Item sleeves I wouldn't worry about myself. The are small and very numerous.
Sleeves would add a huge amount of bulk.
Although again, as a rebuttal to that, having them colored would be nice.
But they are easily stacked side by side where it becomes apparent.
I intend at some point to make a foam core setup who hold the item cards with colored sections matching the items.
So I don't consider them worth it.

I intend to use clear ultra pro sleeves for the merchants.

And unless they make darkness cards for the darkness decks I will be using the myth flame logo sleeves.
And I mean a basic darkness deck for all darkness cards, not a special design for each different darkness deck.
Just need to count them up. 10 cards each race I believe.

Clear sleeves for each monster card.

I have a couple hundred of the myth flame sleeves.
These have been for my quest cards. But with them going double sided, they'll be going in clears and the myth logo will go to the darkness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thought.

I have two sets of lairs from the first KS and like it enough to double up on KS twos lairs.

Just food for thought.

And I have a set of the metal character tokens from the first KS if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob H
United States
California
flag msg tools
So...that's $855 without sleeves or any Crawler or Grubber stuff? I admit FOMO is strong with Myth, but that is a huge, legendary huge, buy in. Retail (online even) prices get even more nuts. I want to like Myth, I really do, but a voice keeps getting louder in the back of my head that this game is just too expensive (and nevermind still untested with final 2.0 rules to a non-RPGer/ sandbox player).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Yoki. I'm trying to decide if I want to back this project and your research will certainly help. Much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhas the cad sleeves for the new heroes Like the Monk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

yamato2 wrote:
please don't tell my wife. whistle

Better you start digging a big hole in your backyard.. This is a big lot! whistle

IT IS GREAT GAME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
ropya wrote:
Reason for two packs is that one pack is one shy of enough for novice (31) plus JM (2x10). And a second pack will give you that one, plus extras for master and Legendary.

The 31 novice cards are actually 30 cards + 1 reference card. If you don't plan on sleeving the reference card (I don't) then you can get by barely with one pack. Also the new JM cards don't all get added to the hero deck - they get swapped in. So you could argue against sleeving them until the swap happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denmark
Bagsværd
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would advise to get the sleeves for heros and items.
If MERCS are going to make new patch updates for the cards. You can just print/cut the cards and put them in front of the cards in the sleeves

Thats how i upgraded my 1.0 to 1.3 for the Hero cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VoicelessFaces wrote:
ropya wrote:

The 31 novice cards are actually 30 cards + 1 reference card. If you don't plan on sleeving the reference card (I don't) then you can get by barely with one pack. Also the new JM cards don't all get added to the hero deck - they get swapped in. So you could argue against sleeving them until the swap happens.

True.
But swapping out cards in and of itself will put wear on the cards, defeating the reason for the sleeves.
That and youre more likely to split them that way.

You are right on the 31 cards.
I thought there was something off in my reasoning as I remembered someone saying one pack was enough.

Well, considering I already doubled up on the first round to make sure I always had enough sleeves, it makes it work better for me.

Or course YMMV.
And youre advice is every bit as good as mine, considering well be up to what, 10-11 hereoes by the end of the KS?
Thats an extra $50-55 on the buy in.

For someone thats only getting four or five (spriggan plus new heroes) its not too bad of a jump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darkwing Dahl wrote:
I would advise to get the sleeves for heros and items.
If MERCS are going to make new patch updates for the cards. You can just print/cut the cards and put them in front of the cards in the sleeves

Thats how i upgraded my 1.0 to 1.3 for the Hero cards.

Have they said with the items sleeves if they will either be cheaper or will have more in a pack considering they are less than half the size?

Thats the other part of it, thats a lot of item sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chaplin717 wrote:
So...that's $855 without sleeves or any Crawler or Grubber stuff? I admit FOMO is strong with Myth, but that is a huge, legendary huge, buy in. Retail (online even) prices get even more nuts. I want to like Myth, I really do, but a voice keeps getting louder in the back of my head that this game is just too expensive (and nevermind still untested with final 2.0 rules to a non-RPGer/ sandbox player).

It is indeed huge.
A lot like diving right into the deep in of the pool the first day of your swimming lessons.

Ive actually trumped that on Deadzone, Relic Knights, and Kingdom Death.

The first two I have no regrets at all, and KD I dont feel I will either.

Of course each their own.

You can buy 8 higher shelf games for the same price.

But , IMO, Ill be as high, if not higher than that mark at the end of this KS overall. And I dont regret it here either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
chaplin717 wrote:

It is indeed huge.
A lot like diving right into the deep in of the pool the first day of your swimming lessons.

But , IMO, Ill be as high, if not higher than that mark at the end of this KS overall. And I dont regret it here either.

Nothing will ever trump most people's KD pledges I think, lol. God I can't wait for that game to ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I will likely skip sleeves altogether, as I have a huge stash of Swan Panasia sleeves which I love to use. I also find the cost kind of prohibitive. However, I wish the cards in the game had more defining backs, so that you could tell each deck apart.

Is everyone that has commented here in agreement with my assessment of the content of the Over the Top bundle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I'd probably add a second set of sculpted lairs if you plan to use them. You can go out of the way to avoid double lairs of the same type (or you can do 1 sculpted and 1 cardboard tile if you want), but some existing stories have you set up 2 lairs of 1 type, and the sculpted lairs are super nice. Again, not required, but you will use them frequently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bastimret wrote:
ropya wrote:
chaplin717 wrote:

It is indeed huge.

Nothing will ever trump most people's KD pledges I think, lol. God I can't wait for that game to ship.

$1400 for me on Teramyyd, and that game has a whole slew of problems (they're about to run a second KS to complete fulfillment of the first campaign). shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
bastimret wrote:
ropya wrote:
chaplin717 wrote:

It is indeed huge.

$1400 for me on Teramyyd, and that game has a whole slew of problems (they're about to run a second KS to complete fulfillment of the first campaign). shake

Heroes of normandie did the same and I'm in $500+ on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
VoicelessFaces wrote:
I'd probably add a second set of sculpted lairs if you plan to use them. You can go out of the way to avoid double lairs of the same type (or you can do 1 sculpted and 1 cardboard tile if you want), but some existing stories have you set up 2 lairs of 1 type, and the sculpted lairs are super nice. Again, not required, but you will use them frequently.

I think that I can live with using another monster's lair, or the token, when I need doubles. At least for now (or rather one year from now).
I upped my pledge to two sets of lairs, and also updated my original post to reflect this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:

Oh, I so feel your pain. I only lost 190 on that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.