Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Set up for my first play of this. Played the first scenario, 1940 France Ghost Division.

Set up and ready to go (with my brand new dice tray!):

Heading out of Liege towards Paris:

Holding Paris and Cambrai:

With Arras under my control I still needed to reach and take Cherbourg to win, but I was running out of time. I built my forces in Paris and stockpiled supplies in an attempt to use the Exploit battle plans to push my way west:

Unfortunately on the penultimate turn the allies launched an operation and managed to take Paris in a final bloody battle:

thumbsup Fairly straightforward gameplay but enough depth to make it tactically and strategically interesting.
thumbsup Balancing supplies for use in refitting, reinforcing, moving and buying battle plans means lots of great but difficult choices.
thumbsup Great user aids on the map meant that by halfway through my first game I didn't need to refer to the rulebook at all.
thumbsup Three scenarios that link together for a campaign mean lots of replayability. Plus each scenario has several optional features that can be included for variety.
thumbsdown Not really a maneuvering game, more high level than that, but the interesting battle plan system makes up for this.
thumbsdown May not be for hardcore wargamers/historians but suitable for a "lighter", but still tough to win wargame experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
After all, a murder is only an extroverted suicide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Short review, but good points you make at the end. I really love how the map serves as reminder, help and "interface" for the player. That limits the surface of the game on a table
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Eawyne wrote:
Short review, but good points you make at the end. I really love how the map serves as reminder, help and "interface" for the player. That limits the surface of the game on a table

It has been a while since I played this but it is a great light wargame. Very well designed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.