Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
During our last game, we came across a situation where I wanted to play one Construction Card in one Age, and another Construction Card in another Age, with the same Adventurer (since the other Adventurer was using his two cards for an upgrade somewhere else). Looking at the rules we found:

Quote:
II - Action Phase
The following 2 actions (Traveling in Time and Using Construction Cards) are optional and can be made in any order, and several times(1).

1. Traveling in Time

By spending 1 Ecu, player can use the Time Machine to travel in time. Each time it is used, one of the player's Adventurer Pawns is moved to one of the other two game boards.

A player can use the Time Machine as many times as wanted, with either the same Adventurer or both.

Moving to a different Epoch's game board allows one to:

- Take actions on that game board
- Pocket the Earnings on that game board on turns 4 and 7

Statement (1) suggests to me that I could Construct, Travel, then Construct again (with the same Adventurer).

But then the next section states:

Quote:
2. Using Construction Cards

Each player starts with 4 Construction Cards in hand.

Construction Cards may only be played on game boards containing at least one on the player's Adventurer Pawns.

Two scenarios are possible:

1) When both Adventurers are present on the same game board, the player may play up to four cards in that time period.

2) When the two Adventurers are on two different game boards, the player may use up to two cards on one game board and two cards on the other.

It is hence impossible to construct on all three game boards during the same turn. It is also impossible to spend three cards on one game board and the remaining one on a different game board.(2)

A player may play Construction Cards before or after a time travel.

Statement (2) now appears to contradict statement (1), since it seems to say that the 2 Construction Cards used by a single Adventurer must be used in the same Age.

So which is it?

Related to that: what happens when an 'extra' resource is needed, for example, upgrading a Keep to a Castle over Forest spaces in a 3-player game? I would need 2 orange cards for the upgrade, plus 1 card of any type, to complete the upgrade. Does that mean that both Adventurers must be in the same Age to work together? And the fourth card must then also be played in the same Age, or discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Blake
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's round four. I've got both of my travellers in the Age of Might. If I upgrade a building in the Age of Might, and build a building in the Age of Faith, I stand to make a fortune in the Ages of Faith and Reason. Each build/upgrade requires only two cards.

First, I do my Age of Might stuff. The effects ripple, creating the situation which allows me to build my building in the Age of Faith. I send a traveller there to do his building. Now I'm finished with my cards, so I send my first traveller to the future to collect his income.

So, to clarify, one of my travllers needed to build, then travel. The other needed to travel, then build. Each one can only build in one era, and each one can only use a maximum of two cards. I hope that clarifies things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first question was answered by the designer in this thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/128753

Each adventurer may only build on one board. So what you may do during your turn becomes:
1) Time travel with either, both or none of your adventurers.
2) Build.
3) Time travel with either, both or none of your adventurers.

The second question was answered by the designer here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/131575

The extra cards do count towards the limit of each adventurer, so to upgrade a Keep to a Castle over Forest spaces in a 3-player game would indeed require the presence of both your adventurers. Because neither adventurer may build, time travel and build again, this means that the fourth card can only be used on the same board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud URBON
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
To be clear the statement (1) deal with what a player can do with his two adventurers (move the first adventurer, build with this one, move the other adventurer, build with this second, and move again the both adventurers). The statement (2) doesn't say the opposite but say that 1 adventurer can only use his 2 cards on only one board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you for the clarifications.

Excellent Game... My friends and I really enjoy it, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud URBON
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
simonh wrote:
Thank you for the clarifications.

Excellent Game... My friends and I really enjoy it, thanks!

Thanks a lot for your comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.