Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Kim and Dave came round to play Khronos. (Rich, sadly, could not make it). Now that we had one game already under our belt, we felt we knew the mechanics well enough to play a better game this time.

Kim (yellow) once again headed up to the Age of Reason to stake out his claim in the Hamlets there. Simon (red) constructed in both the 1st and 2nd Ages, getting most of his income from construction bonuses - especially lucrative in the Age of Faith, of course. Dave (blue) spent a lot of time and effort in the Age of Might, building Watchtowers and Hamlets in a large domain, only to have Kim come and build a Keep and claim all the taxes.

For much of the game, no one was inclined to build Towns or Cities, so no Civic buildings rippled up to the Age of Reason to contest over. Kim therefore had the majority of the Hamlets sown up pretty quickly.

Towards the end, a Hamlet was upgraded to a Town and there was room for co-existance in the Age of Reason, to share the wealth of the domain -- except that Kim took the last spot, and managed to hold onto his majority with a supporting Hamlet.

A couple of times, Kim burnt 2 Ecus (a total of 4) to replace cards, but he drew no better each time, much to his chagrin.

I was particularly pleased with my last turn. I burnt 2 Ecus and was rewarded with two pairs (blue and orange). I used the blue cards to upgrade a Hamlet to a Town (on the river) in the Age of Might, joining two domains. Of course, it rippled forward in time to the other Ages, most notably to the Age of Faith where I controlled the domain with an Abbey. Thus at the end of round 7 that one upgrade scored me an Ecu for the construction bonus, plus 3 Ecus in the Age of Might, and 3 Ecus in the Age of Faith. The two orange cards were put to good use in the Age of Faith, upgrading a Keep to a Castle and pocketing me an additional 2 Ecus.

Kim finished up his turn, mostly claiming points in the Age of Reason. To maximize his last cards, he had to move one Adventurer into the Age of Might (costing him 1 Ecu, of course, for using the Time Machine). That, and the burning of 4 Ecus earlier, cost him the game. It finally ended in a tie:

=1. Simon (red) 32 Ecus
=1. Kim (yellow) 32 Ecus
2. Dave (blue) 12 Ecus

Game Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.