Subject: How can I store the games components better? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carsten
Germany
Schkeuditz
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the main game and all the German expansions. Until now I stored all of the miniatures by carefully sliding them in one of the expansion boxes. All the card tiles are in another expansion box. Rulebooks in a third. Furniture in the main box.
Lately I started to play this game again and more often and now I'm really unsatisfied with my storing solution. It takes too long to get it on the table and it is not the best way to store miniatures.

How do you store your HeroQuest? I would like to find a solution especially for the minis where they are safe and easy to take out. I would prefer a solution that does not need extra space outside of the game boxes (like putting the miniatures in a case made for tabletops).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eryk B
Poland
Wroclaw
Lower Silesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you move the game a lot you can get all the elements into a single large case instead of the boxes. Those made by Games Workshop should be able to take all your minis and furniture, I'm not sure if the map would fit in without a little trick to fold it twice. But I'd suggest it anyway.
I haven't made my solution either, I have yet to get the game complete.
Oh my dear undead minis...

...Or you can also try to just get a chest like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also in need of a good storage solution. Currently I have the base game and 3 expansions, all in the base game box in small ziplock bags. It fits, but far from optimal .

Was hoping to pick up one of the Australian expansion boxes that have lids, not just the flimsy EU boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.