Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not the type of person to post questions without researching first, however, I have too much going on to follow this Kickstarter that closely and couldn't easily find this information (I'm sure it's there somewhere).

When you gain Journeyman cards, are they added to your deck or do they replace a card from your deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Replace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
I'm not the type of person to post questions without researching first, however, I have too much going on to follow this Kickstarter that closely and couldn't easily find this information (I'm sure it's there somewhere).

When you gain Journeyman cards, are they added to your deck or do they replace a card from your deck?

They are like the 5 "advanced" cards in the base game for each hero deck. They are only added gradually when you are given the opportunity to manipulate your hero deck, and you must remove a card to place a new one.

There are two paths your base hero can take (each expansion has one): Light and Darkness, so there are 10 Journeyman cards for each base hero in each expansion (and the new hero from each expansion also gets 10 Journeyman cards from that expansion -- and non-base heros can only follow one path). So you can choose to have your base hero follow the Light or the Darkness and switch in those particular Journeyman cards when given the chance (I believe you may also be able to mix them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I thought they worked, but a comment in a different thread about buying enough sleeves for all of them confused me. Since you're swapping out cards you can just sleeve what you're currently using.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will also be much easier to manipulate your deck, as each Hero can now do it at any point in time that they want for a cost of 6 Serendipity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.

Gunnison
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmb
charlest wrote:
That's how I thought they worked, but a comment in a different thread about buying enough sleeves for all of them confused me. Since you're swapping out cards you can just sleeve what you're currently using.

Yeah that was me, I'm glad you brought this up since I was misinformed by the function of the new class decks.... I consider myself edumacted and a more well informed buyer for my stretch goals. Thank you sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eivind LH
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Josh Worley: Wow! What's your source?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Compass wrote:
@Josh Worley: Wow! What's your source?

It was stated by MCG in the new KS. Would have to find exact quote, but KS comments, updates etc.... are stupid hard to do anything useful with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.