Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: play-agricola.com website rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikko Wallfly
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello everyone,
Play-Agricola.com is an excellent website - fun for solo or multi-player games and a good spot to ask questions or to learn how to play the game. On this rare occasion, the site has been down for about an hour, so I find myself here checking out the forum. cool Once the site is up and running, you'll know where to find me. Thanks Chris and the Play-Agricola.com community! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to seem confrontational but my hope for you:

* Realization that making an account here to sell your site doesn't endear you to longer-term users. (I don't have a big history here either but I do know this reality)

* Building your personal data and game database will show some interest in site participation.

* Spending time in the Agricola area answering questions will show comunity participation.

* Understanding that, at the moment, you look like a boardwalk salesman yelling for attention.

Edit: typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raujour wrote:

* Realization that making an account here to sell your site doesn't endear you to longer-term users. (I don't have a big history here either but I do know this reality)

I can't see Chris creating shill accounts to push his site, I'm pretty sure Wallfly is genuinely enthusiastic.

Welcome to BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's just Wallfly for you.

Be there playing soon hopefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am willing to be proved wrong...

Welcome to BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikko Wallfly
msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh dear, there was no intention to "sell" the site or anything... I am just very enthusiastic about the site and had a bit of time to kill after reading many of the Agricola threads here - BGG is great for that. I guess it was also a way for me to reach out and make sure I'm not the only one having login issues today. Thanks for confirming that, Sandswoll. Apologies Raujour, I hope you have a better day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm, still down. Bummer. So much for having the day off. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikko Wallfly
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yup... Wrigs, Ken, Leary and I had a tourney match for 3:30pm PDT. Not looking good... SAD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there's at least 1 other tourney game today also. 6pm EST I think. Not looking good for that either.

In other "news" -- playing at boit site now if anyone wants to join...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rothstein
msg tools
mbmb
Wallfly wrote:
Yup... Wrigs, Ken, Leary and I had a tourney match for 3:30pm PDT. Not looking good... SAD

Hey, here you are! Yeah, what a stroke of bad luck! Hopefully they will extend the tourney deadline.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikko Wallfly
msg tools
mbmbmb
No kidding on the bad luck! Fingers crossed for this weekend. I have some time from 2-5pm Saturday so 5-8pm your time - may be too early for you. I will have other times this weekend too - just awaiting confirmation... Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rothstein
msg tools
mbmb
Raujour wrote:
I don't want to seem confrontational but my hope for you:

* Building your personal data and game database will show some interest in site participation.

* Spending time in the Agricola area answering questions will show comunity participation.

* Understanding that, at the moment, you look like a boardwalk salesman yelling for attention.

Edit: typo

It isn't her site, she is totally legit. She had the site on her mind and was sharing her enthusiasm since the site is down and she had it on her mind. She has nothing to sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rothstein
msg tools
mbmb
Wallfly wrote:
No kidding on the bad luck! Fingers crossed for this weekend. I have some time from 2-5pm Saturday so 5-8pm your time - may be too early for you. I will have other times this weekend too - just awaiting confirmation... Cheers!

The thing about saturday is I got drafted to fill in on some sort of bar trivia finals thing in the evening. Not sure of the time just yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikko Wallfly
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sounds like fun! No worries at all - I'm sure William will allow an extension with the site being down. Thanks for your comments and enjoy the evening!meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not normally so grumpy. Call it 'to many hours and not enough fun'.

I'm actually glad there are folks here who know you and hope your excitement continues.

Again, welcome to BGG. Be sure and sample the sweets in the other rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Cornejo
United States
Orange
Ca
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
is this site having issues or was today supposed to be a downtime server maintenance? Ive tried logging onto the site four times throughout the day and it wont load on Chrome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sebathius wrote:
is this site having issues or was today supposed to be a downtime server maintenance? Ive tried logging onto the site four times throughout the day and it wont load on Chrome

Definately having issues. I was on last night (11pm EST) and it was just fine. Not loading the site for anyone today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William F
msg tools
Hope you guys got my email and it gets back up soon! As I said tournament round 1 is postponed another week

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rothstein
msg tools
mbmb
still no site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William F
msg tools
rip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rothstein
msg tools
mbmb
Have you heard anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikko Wallfly
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm suffering from withdrawgricola... gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William F
msg tools
me too, hope chris is OK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Sporre
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's up now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.