Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Netrunner Tip Sheets

It can be difficult for a new player to hold everything in their heads, especially what the zones, tokens and card types are cross faction. I put this together for running six-man new player pods a while ago and I've used it twice. Its worked great for fielding those easy questions or just for players trying to remember the basics.

Teaching strategy

Have an example board state set up where there are ice on HQ & RD and something porous on archives. Put an agenda in all zones including a remote and a trap on the board somewhere as well. Explain what a run is and ice and the breakers that are on the table. Give the runner a hand of cards and choose a player from the pod to make choices on what actions he should take. Frame the whole excercise as a "how many agendas can you steal?" sort of the thing. The deck is loaded, but as a teaching exercise you should walk through what it takes to break ice (ice types), how a corp rezzes ice, what money is used for, how the corp advances something, etc. Its most of the important stuff that the rest of the game supports.

Following that you split the group into 3 pairs and give each pair a starter deck for each side and tell them to play a game with the tip sheets. Stuff will come up, most of it will be explained by the tip sheet above, but you'll be free to answer the important stuff since the tip sheet and example session give people enough game play understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretty Handy, I'll definitely use this the next time I get to teach someone the game.

One thing that I would change would be the wording used to explain hardware. It says "...chips and armor that let you run". I'd change this to "chips and armor that help you when making runs", as I have had problems in the past where a player thought they needed a console or specific card before they could make runs.

Good work overall!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.