Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barbara Leandri
United States
Westbrook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know how this scales with just two?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll throw an answer out there, though I haven't played a 2-player game yet...

YES, the game scales well! I envision playing most of my future games as 2-player and wouldn't have bought it if it wasn`t designed as a good 2-player game.

Also, keep in mind that the game's core components are designed for a 2-player game and that to accommodate 3-5 players, additional boards and components are added to the table.

I expect others who've actually played 2-player will confirm that this is a good 2-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tyree
United States
Dayton
Ohio (OH)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played twice as 2 player, it does scale pretty well. There is a little more freedom as there is slightly less blocking, but you're still limited in your choices so you have to be strategic. I know the scores were very close, so no blow outs, but that has been my experience with higher counts as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Laster
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've played it twice with 2, once with 3, and once with 4. I'd say that it felt similar, as far as blocking spaces and doing what others would like to do (such as Local Partnerships), with each player count, because of the additional market spaces.

This game is a home run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played almost exclusively 2-player and all have been very good, thoroughly enjoyable games. I am VERY pleased that I backed this and have absolutely no hesitation in recommending it as a 2-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also only played this as a 2p game and love it. I'd like to try with more sometime to be able to use the collaborative spaces but oh well. Love it with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it scales perfectly. The only real change is that you only use the actions from the basic board. But since the extra action spaces for more players are simply variations on the actions available for 2, so you never feel like there's a part of the game you don't get to play (I'm lookin' at you, Agricola).
Strategically, you have a little more flexibility in ta 2-player game because you can avoid competing for recipes and some workers. But otherwise, it plays pretty much the same.
Absolutely worth getting even if you only play with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elizabeth Nugent

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sivilized wrote:
The only real change is that you only use the actions from the basic board. But since the extra action spaces for more players are simply variations on the actions available for 2, so you never feel like there's a part of the game you don't get to play (I'm lookin' at you, Agricola).

I mostly agree with this, except that I do miss the collaboration actions when I play 2-player. It's a very good game 2-player, but I think it's a hair better at 3 or 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
True, I forgot the collaboration, I guess because it's a fairly small part. Does add some consideration for turn order and ingredient use. I like the simplicity without it just as much. But I'm biased as a big fan of the game in any form.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.