Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't actually have any proof of this.
I just wanted to be the first to report it. Although breaking news this ain't - it'll be delayed again.

Go on, bet me it won't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Garlic-13 Aniballi
United States
Carpentersville
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This makes absolutely no sense to me. They had a mountain of them at GenCon, 3 months ago. I've played mine a half dozen times. I'm already bored and waiting for the next expansion.

It wasn't misprinted, so far as I can tell. So what gives?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark K.
Austria
Vienna
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think we will see this game before next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheSolarGarlic wrote:
This makes absolutely no sense to me. They had a mountain of them at GenCon, 3 months ago. I've played mine a half dozen times. I'm already bored and waiting for the next expansion.

It wasn't misprinted, so far as I can tell. So what gives?

Yeah, notice the only new threads on this expansion in three months are all of the "when's this game coming out?" variety. Even those are half-hearted at this point. Interest really seems to be waning for this.

What if FFG threw an expansion party and nobody came?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, you all must be really bored if you don't have anything more interesting to discuss.

The expansion will come when it comes. I don't see any reason to believe that it will be further delayed - and still it could happen. So what? I can wait a month longer.

And I'm sure once the expansion is available, people will be happy to get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
We will move from victims to survivors and conquer as we go.
mbmb
Obviously not as bored as you are, discussing something that you deem unimportant...

Seriously though: Of course the point is mute, but it takes far too long and there *are* people whou would have bough it three months ago but are no longer that interested in Arkham Horror by now.
After all, the point is not that the game is not ready and needs more developing: Copies were sold at GenCon and at Essen...so why can´t one buy it at a normal gamestore? It´s been "on the boat" for months!
Luckily I got mine at Essen. kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slobodon Ginfizz
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be thrilled if your point were mute. Sadly, it is only moot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Hudson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look, my table is not nearly filled up enough bits and cards. I need more crap! Let's get that Dunwich Horror here now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Powers
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They're probably waiting for the core game reprints to ship. What's the point in point in shipping the expansion if they cant supply the core game. Stores are probably hesitant to commit to an expansion that they don't have the game for. I've been waiting for about 2 months to pick up the core game (not sure how long it's been out of print). The fact that they now have Doom, Warcraft, and World of Warcraft is encouraging though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally think Slobodon Ginfizz needs to notice that Sven Reuter yields from Germany and that although his spelling isn't perfect, the fact that he even knows the word "moot" and how to use it is more than can be said for most fellow Americans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mill Master
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dunwich has not arrived because you have not MADE SACRIFISSSSSE!!!

No but really, FFG has a horrible production setup if they cant get these games printed up fast enough. I think that they are just more concerned with getting out other games right now, and AH and DH are just not a high priority. They need to move their production from china to europe or the US. I would pay a few $ extra per game to get the games out 20 times faster.

Does FFG think that I am going to buy some other FFG since DH is delayed? I dont think so. In fact, I have NOT purchased games from FFG because I dont want to get into a situation where I am waiting around like we all are for DH.
I sold my copy of descent becasue of this fact.

If only FFG was shrewed enough to get their stuff sold on the shelves of toys r us or walmart they could turn all these problems around...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mill Master
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Then they should print in Mexico like alot of the other game makers do.
Tons of board games, RPGs and CCGs are printed right here in the USA, and they still compete with the guys that print overseas.

The money savings is a valid reason to print in china, but it just seems like they are mismanaging their whole production department. There have been multiple times in the history of Arkham Horror where the whole world has run out of copies of this game. If FFG wants to make money they need to NOT let this happen. Sure some people will wait any length of time, but others will not, and will spend their money elsewhere. If a guy walked into MY gaming shop ready to buy a game that was out and not due to be reprinted any time soon, I would make sure he walked out of that shop with $60 worth of SOME game. And thats FFGs loss for droping the ball on their production...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in stock right now at my former FLGS in Montreal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
United States
San Ramon
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
It's out. You can buy it at the FFG online store, and it's shipping to retailers now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brother J
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When will it hit online retailers? Thoughthammer and Boards & Bits are still showing DH as pre-order or not available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier REIX
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is definitly out, in Europe at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JGT
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered my copy from FFG.

I suppose that last goat must have tipped the cosmic balance in my favor...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.