Hide
4 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » Rules

Subject: We Will Bury You Headline vs. Scoring cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Robinson
msg tools
Had this issue come up in a recent Vassal game and both myself and my opponent expected it to be a bug with the vassal engine as oppose to the actual game mechanics, so I'm turning to the wisdom of BGG users to clarify.

It's Turn 7 headline, US on 15 VP's. US plays Africa scoring headline, with domination (+4) along with +3 BG's. USSR only has presence (+1). USSR player uses "we will bury you" headline. As per the wording of WWBY, I would assume that USSR would get +3 VP's, at which point Africa scoring resolves, leaving the net score to be US +18 VP's.

However, the US Africa points were awarded first, with WWBY not awarding the 3VP's prior, leading to game over, US victory. The only reason I can give for this is that either a) the vassal engine is bugged and misinterpreted the rule or b) We misinterpreted the rule and WWBY only applies after the next AR, assuming US player doesn't play UN intervention

Could BGG clarify WWBY for me in this context? Also, if WWBY is bugged in this way on vassal, is there a workaround for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haytil Reivesman
msg tools
Vassal was correct. WWBY does not award points until the US has the chance to play (or not play) UN Intervention. But the game ended (due to Africa scoring) before that effect could occur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Robinson
msg tools

Thanks for the help. I suspected this might be the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.