Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wanders is going to be amazing. You know it, I know it, so let's talk about it!

Known Finalists:

Andrey Trubitsin
Russia
flag msg tools
mb

Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb

Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb

Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Nick Eglinton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Eduardo GuimarĂ£es
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Andrew K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Sean D.

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools

Known Characters:

Anya Southwind, the Wings of Justice

Ser Vekyl Voroos, Haunted Armor

Felayna Chorgitz, Chief Legal Counsel

Wendy Thrystle, Airship Engineer

Kora Sev Traxae, Protector of the Desert

Kai Omekai, Magic Puzzle Box Wielder

John Strong Stevenson, Miner and Argent Teacher

Cionaodh "Kenny" O'Ciaominh

Rin, Frostbitten Fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
This may change, but I asked Ithry this morning about posting on BGG and he told me to hold off for the moment. But now that you've kicked off the thread, they might rescind that...

I'll hold off saying anything for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Trubitsin
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
Here is a literal quote from Ithry, and I honestly can't see why BGG would be exempt from it.
ATTENTION WANDERERS WINNERS: You can talk about stuff now. Please note that specifics about characters are not canon until we say it is (read: finish the set), so please don't update the wiki or anything of that sort yet. Brad is not sure when we will post an official update (we might wait for art). IF YOU ARE A WINNER (since most are here) please PM me at some point with a physical description of your character for Noko's purposes.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to type large amounts of text on a tablet, so you'll have to wait for about eight hours before I write any specifics about my entry here. But don't worry, when I do, I'll probably write more than you'd ever want to know about her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SingerOfW wrote:
Here is a literal quote from Ithry, and I honestly can't see why BGG would be exempt from it.
ATTENTION WANDERERS WINNERS: You can talk about stuff now. Please note that specifics about characters are not canon until we say it is (read: finish the set), so please don't update the wiki or anything of that sort yet. Brad is not sure when we will post an official update (we might wait for art). IF YOU ARE A WINNER (since most are here) please PM me at some point with a physical description of your character for Noko's purposes.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to type large amounts of text on a tablet, so you'll have to wait for about eight hours before I write any specifics about my entry here. But don't worry, when I do, I'll probably write more than you'd ever want to know about her.

That looks like permission to me. Of course, I'll modify or delete this thread if they need me to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I got that notification too. After I saw that, my first question was this:

Quote:
[10:31:26 AM] Kyle Currie: can we post on BGG too?
[10:32:02 AM] Ithry: I'd hold off on BGG, I may post a thing tomorrow about it and I'll let you know lol

I was just chiming in with what was said to me. I really want to make threads on here, but I wanted to point this out, just in case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Van Laningham
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah go ahead and talk everyone, I suppose it's fine lol. I was waiting to see if Brad was going to do some kind of official announcement yesterday first but it doesn't look like that so go ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo! I'm going to go make a thread for my character then, and post in here too later today. Thanks Ithry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
Winner here! Phew, it's good to be able to say something in "public"! laugh

My winning entry (trimmed down somewhat for brevity):
Quote:
Felayna Chorgitz, Chief Legal Counsel for Argent
Felayna is a Regulamancer (Regula = Rule/Regulation), a magic user who gains power by setting and following rules. Her body is covered in glowing runic tattoos called Geas Runes, which act as a physical conduit for her powers. Felayna can charge these runes by placing a restriction (aka Geas) upon herself, and this power is channeled through the runes to increase her speed, strength or endurance to superhuman levels depending on the Geas. However, should she break a Geas the runes will begin to re-absorb that energy, sapping her strength.

A lady in her mid-40s with short purple hair and an athletic build. Wears a suit with a high mandarin collar and gloves (hides her runes so she won't have to explain them to all the non-magicians she deals with). To-the-point and professional in court, much more boisterous and competitive outside of the courtroom. A big fan of athletic competition.

Unique Ability: Geas
Felayna has 6 Geas cards and selects three of them to be in effect before a match. Each Geas card has a Rule, a Benefit and a Break penalty. If you break the rule, you lose the benefit and suffer from the penalty for the remainder of the game. As an example:

Geas of Chivalry
Rule: Do not move past any opponent.
Benefit: Your attacks have Stun Guard 2.
Break: Lose 1 life each time you are stunned.

The Rules for each Geas will be designed such that a smart opponent can try to put you in a situation where you are forced to break a Geas.

Playstyle
Feylana is an controller who gets moderate bonuses while her Geases are active and penalties when they are broken. Additionally, some of her styles will have effects that apply minor penalties to the opponent under certain conditions, similar to scaled-down versions of her Geas Break effects. For example, "An opponent who retreats gets -1 Power this beat" or "An opponent who moves past you this beat loses 1 life."

Her unique base is named "OBJECTION!!!"

TL,DR: She's a magic lawyer powered by rules.

I really like the idea of the Geas from Celtic Myth, so I thought it might make a cool UA. And who better to be rules-powered than a magic lawyer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I post to say I didn't win?? zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:

We still love you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Eglinton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'll save the details on my character for an official release, so I'll just say the following:

CACTUS DRYAD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bakatron wrote:
I think I'll save the details on my character for an official release, so I'll just say the following:

CACTUS DRYAD

OOOOOH, Baka! Yeah, I totally know who you are, didn't recognize the name in the chat yesterday though, haha. Cactus Dryad is still one of my favorite ideas btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Eglinton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why thankee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bakatron wrote:

CACTUS DRYAD

Sounds intriguing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:

We still love you!

Bummer! I figured you were a shoe-in, dorktron. Maybe next contest!

Also, didn't realize you had entered Nate! Nice to see you picked up a win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
kurthl33t wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:

We still love you!

I'm sneaky like that. ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
kurthl33t wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:

We still love you!

Alas, my ideas weren't as cool as yours. Ser sounds really neat! Congrats, and I really cannot wait to playtest these characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:

Alas, my ideas weren't as cool as yours. Ser sounds really neat! Congrats, and I really cannot wait to playtest these characters.

Haha, "Ser" is just his title, as in "Ser Knight." An old medieval convention/spelling. You can just call him Vekyl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elyklord wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:

Haha, "Ser" is just his title, as in "Ser Knight." An old medieval convention/spelling. You can just call him Vekyl

Indeed, I wasn't sure you wanted more than that out since you said you were going to post a thread. I didn't want to steal your thunder!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Viddal
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Lord Eustace
mbmbmbmbmb
Bakatron wrote:

CACTUS DRYAD

I think that's all anyone really needs to know to get excited about yours, Nick!

Congrats to all, sounds like there are some more really cool characters on the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My winning submission:

Wendy is a skilled and experienced engineer for the airship corps in the Kingdom of Jeffreys. Although she prefers to be elbow-deep in gears and grease, she knows that sometimes you have to get your nose and fists bloodied. Courageous and compassionate, she is always ready to fight for her friends and defend her homeland.

When she fights on the ground, her airship provides fire support to help pound her opponents or keep them within range of her giant wrench.

Unique Ability

Airship Support
At the beginning of the ante phase, place two Target markers on one or more spaces on the board.

As a Start of Beat effect, deal 2 damage to any opponent on a Target marker unless that player moves 1 space.

Whenever an opponent moves onto a Target marker, deal 2 damage to that opponent unless that player continues moving 1 additional space.

At the end of the beat, remove all Target markers from the board.

Physical Description

Wendy is a tall, broad woman with thick limbs and a bit of a belly from a lifelong affair with Relecouran ale. She is in her mid forties and doesn't try to hide it. Her skin is weather-worn, and she has deep smile lines on her cheeks and around her eyes.

She keeps her blond hair short enough that she doesn't have to pull it back to keep it out of her eyes while working on the ship. She wears a greasy pair of coveralls over a canary yellow button-up with the sleeves rolled up. If her size and yellow shirt don't give her away, the massive wrench over her shoulder certainly will.

Fighting Style

Wendy is a brawler who likes to stay are range 1 or 2 to keep her opponents in range of her wrench. To keep them from getting out of reach, she instructs her airship support to fire in ways that keep her opponents close or else take cannon fire to the face. Wendy can take a solid hit and keep swinging (some low Stun Guard). Her speed and strength are about average for a fighter of her caliber (not too many +/- modifiers for Power and Priority), but she's a wily fighter with plenty of tricks to keep the opponent off their game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
My winning submission:

Yep, I'm already envisioning a Wendy/Clive duel with airship support and wretches clashing. Awesome, Nate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Corphus wrote:
Winner here! Phew, it's good to be able to say something in "public"! laugh

My winning entry (trimmed down somewhat for brevity):
Quote:
Felayna Chorgitz, Chief Legal Counsel for Argent
Felayna is a Regulamancer (Regula = Rule/Regulation), a magic user who gains power by setting and following rules. Her body is covered in glowing runic tattoos called Geas Runes, which act as a physical conduit for her powers. Felayna can charge these runes by placing a restriction (aka Geas) upon herself, and this power is channeled through the runes to increase her speed, strength or endurance to superhuman levels depending on the Geas. However, should she break a Geas the runes will begin to re-absorb that energy, sapping her strength.

A lady in her mid-40s with short purple hair and an athletic build. Wears a suit with a high mandarin collar and gloves (hides her runes so she won't have to explain them to all the non-magicians she deals with). To-the-point and professional in court, much more boisterous and competitive outside of the courtroom. A big fan of athletic competition.

Unique Ability: Geas
Felayna has 6 Geas cards and selects three of them to be in effect before a match. Each Geas card has a Rule, a Benefit and a Break penalty. If you break the rule, you lose the benefit and suffer from the penalty for the remainder of the game. As an example:

Geas of Chivalry
Rule: Do not move past any opponent.
Benefit: Your attacks have Stun Guard 2.
Break: Lose 1 life each time you are stunned.

The Rules for each Geas will be designed such that a smart opponent can try to put you in a situation where you are forced to break a Geas.

Playstyle
Feylana is an controller who gets moderate bonuses while her Geases are active and penalties when they are broken. Additionally, some of her styles will have effects that apply minor penalties to the opponent under certain conditions, similar to scaled-down versions of her Geas Break effects. For example, "An opponent who retreats gets -1 Power this beat" or "An opponent who moves past you this beat loses 1 life."

Her unique base is named "OBJECTION!!!"

TL,DR: She's a magic lawyer powered by rules.

I really like the idea of the Geas from Celtic Myth, so I thought it might make a cool UA. And who better to be rules-powered than a magic lawyer?

That's really cool! Sounds like her matchups will have a lot of depth, picking out just the right Geases to give her the bonuses she needs against her opponent without restricting herself in ways that will make her vulnerable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting! My character Kai Omekai was chosen. I actually posted what I submitted long ago when we were discussing our entries, so the info is there. His UA definitely needs work to...well...make it work. LOL. He uses a magical puzzle box that either gives him powers or gives his opponents penalties, and can manage these by the way he opens his box. But his opponent may learn the steps to opening Kai's box, in which case he would gain all of the benefits. Anyway, I'm excited to see him fleshed out when LVL 99 starts working on him. In the meantime, I'll work on tweaking and brainstorming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
kurthl33t wrote:
My winning submission:

Yep, I'm already envisioning a Wendy/Clive duel with airship support and wretches clashing.

Psh. That upstart little roboy ain't got nuthin' on my girl Wendy.

Quote:
Awesome, Nate!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.