Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: I´m a completist in need :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel C. Martinez
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if it´s possible to find out which of the games in my collection have expansions which I do not own?

Of course my collection is up to date with all expansions I do have...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Martens
Belgium
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering exactly the same yesterday!

Would be a great tool!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A boy named Sioux
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Meow.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be a dangerous tool. If it does exist, it's probably best to keep it locked up in a warehouse next to the Arc of the Convenant.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
According to your profile, you're at 227 games. While it would take a while, BGG lists expansions for a game on that game's BGG page. So you could just do a brute force approach and click through each game you own here on the site. Like I said, it's an inelegant approach that would take some time. But if you're serious about it, there's your ticket.
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C. Martinez
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but that´s how I do it when I have the time :)

I was just wondering if there was a bot on BGG that could do it for me...

mawilson4 wrote:
According to your profile, you're at 227 games. While it would take a while, BGG lists expansions for a game on that game's BGG page. So you could just do a brute force approach and click through each game you own here on the site. Like I said, it's an inelegant approach that would take some time. But if you're serious about it, there's your ticket.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
Ah, I see. Well in that case...No pain, no glory. Get to clicking!



But yeah, would be nice to have that I suppose, especially given your collecting goals.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually he only has 112 base games. That shouldn't take too long.

But, just glancing at Agricola, I think there are some you don't have there (could be wrong).

So, why not complete that and then see what's next

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Martens
Belgium
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually found a way to do this a lot faster then opening every game

I exported my collection to a csv file

then extracted the column boardgame_id and put a comma behind every id.

Then i used the xmlapi from boardgamegeek to retrieve my game list.
(https://www.boardgamegeek.com/xmlapi/boardgame/35424,2860) replace these ids with the ids of your games.

Then you get a xmlapi with all info from all your games.

Now you only need to extract the info from the xml api regarding the expansions for example:
<boardgameexpansion objectid="467">Bohnanza Erweiterungs-Set</boardgameexpansion>

Now you have a list of all the expansions available for your games and now you just have to delete the ones you already have.

If you want me to make this list for you just send me a GM. Because It is possible to do this for every user.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C. Martinez
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It worked! Took me a few filters, replaces and vlookups but worked!

Somebody could make an actual tool out of it :)

Thanks!

vexoraliassam wrote:
I actually found a way to do this a lot faster then opening every game :)

I exported my collection to a csv file

then extracted the column boardgame_id and put a comma behind every id.

Then i used the xmlapi from boardgamegeek to retrieve my game list.
(https://www.boardgamegeek.com/xmlapi/boardgame/35424,2860) replace these ids with the ids of your games.

Then you get a xmlapi with all info from all your games.

Now you only need to extract the info from the xml api regarding the expansions for example:
<boardgameexpansion objectid="467">Bohnanza Erweiterungs-Set</boardgameexpansion>

Now you have a list of all the expansions available for your games and now you just have to delete the ones you already have.

If you want me to make this list for you just send me a GM. Because It is possible to do this for every user.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are really in need, wouldn't you know about all these expansions already? laugh (aside from my asinine comments I am no help)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C. Martinez
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Sam, now I do!

darthain wrote:
If you are really in need, wouldn't you know about all these expansions already? :laugh: (aside from my asinine comments I am no help)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I'm an unrepentant drug addict. Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of dealers in my neighbourhood?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kip Kwiatkowski
United States
Bethel Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Stop it! That tickles! :P
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
Hello, I'm an unrepentant drug addict. Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of dealers in my neighbourhood?
It would probably be cheaper if I was an addict. At least I'd have restrictions based on legality and availability. Damn you amazon....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.