Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Kelly
United States
knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question involving strategy is the role choice for the game. I like the sheriff and think it is slightly OP since you can defeinetly score VP at the end of the game 5 to 1 and if the banker is taken then you can score 6-1 but if you fall in the other roles then you would score 10 -1 until you meet your max money in the standard game i beleieve the next best one is 35 dollars so you can score that six to one. I know most games on the final round I usually have between 90 and 120 dollars income . So if someone takes the sheriff the entire game since they will be getting first player every round is that a broken , I won because we played with the countess role which is the non dueling role from the expansions. Also , everytime we play with the grocer the double the payment on one type of building you make a ton of money so I have not been playing with it . Just a few things I have noticed . I understand dueling on buildings for the grocer but early game it is hard to duel for those things and loose one cowboy to it .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
pkelly12002 wrote:
I have a question involving strategy is the role choice for the game. I like the sheriff and think it is slightly OP since you can defeinetly score VP at the end of the game 5 to 1 and if the banker is taken then you can score 6-1 but if you fall in the other roles then you would score 10 -1 until you meet your max money in the standard game i beleieve the next best one is 35 dollars so you can score that six to one. I know most games on the final round I usually have between 90 and 120 dollars income . So if someone takes the sheriff the entire game since they will be getting first player every round is that a broken , I won because we played with the countess role which is the non dueling role from the expansions. Also , everytime we play with the grocer the double the payment on one type of building you make a ton of money so I have not been playing with it . Just a few things I have noticed . I understand dueling on buildings for the grocer but early game it is hard to duel for those things and loose one cowboy to it .

I don't find it broken. If you want the Sheriff for next round, you just need to pass first - someone who took the Captain is in a good position for that too (since he would have many cowboys).

For the final round, it is good to have the Sheriff, if you have a high income. But lately I have started to focus more on the point scoring spaces. There should be 9-10 points between those 3 spaces. With an income of 90$, the 5$ point buy space will give you 18 points - but if you can keep 20$ and don't get it you will get 10 points (70$ = 7 points and 20$ = 3 points). So you really need that high in income to make good use of it - I very rearly have an income that high, so the other point spaces are better to go for (which means the Mercenary is actually quite good too even if you can only keep 20$).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kelly
United States
knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes I understand the passing to go first again I think the sheriff has an advantage with the extra meeple. I also am still wondering about the grocer it seems slightly OP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fast
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After 50+ games (many with the red personalities, or a randomized mix), I am quite sure the sheriff is not overpowered. There are quite a few ways around the sheriff. After all, he can only block one spot per round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kelly
United States
knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also asking about the grocer as well being a little over powered . I am stating the sheriff is OP in the last Round in a four player game I believe . The above player stated the math of going on additional VP points spaces paying 10-1 then 6-1 with leftover monies . I was just stating the same scenario with a four player game someone gets locked out of scoring is all I was saying . I do not think strategy is what wins the last round so I always put in the courtesean or whatever the no duel role is on the table just for the last round so everyone has a chance to score in the final round .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.