Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tor Inge Johannessen
Norway
Vestby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
After our first game yesterday, we got some questions/issues. I found some answers here and on the forums of White-wolf. But there are a couple that I don't think are stated clearly enough.

The rules say that you may trade cards, but...

1. Your hand. Is it tradeable? We agreed that it's not. We had to play the card and then trade it to the other players. In most cases you had to make room for it as you had the maxiumum cards on the table.

2. Do you have to keep your hand secret, or may you show the cards to allies, or potential trading partners. We played that you might show cards so you could play the card the other part wanted. (see 1.) Or even tell that you have some dice modifiers on hand. That may (and will backfire), so we didn't see any problems with that.

I guess if you have to keep your hand secret, you can't trade cards from hand to hand. Since you have to trust someone saying "this card is really good for you". And you can't ask for spesific cards.

I really look forward to a huge faq for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under Drawing and playing cards:

...If a player draws more cards than her hand size allows, she must immediately play, discard or give away cards until she holds a legal number of cards.

Note that this refers to cards in hand, not cards in play (which can also be discarded or given away).

Note also that you have to be in range to give away cards or make trades.

Cards are kept hidden. There isn't a rule about lying when trading, on the other hand, it doesnt say you can trade hidden cards, only give them away, so it doesn't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squishy Cube
Netherlands
flag msg tools
I'd say that is does matter, really.
Imagine this situation:
Player A: "I will give you card X, which I have in my hand, if you do x"
Player B: "[yes]/[no]"

I'd say this is a reasonable interpretation of "give away".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.