Subject: Awesome news, final fleet standard at 400 pts! :D rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Larsson
Sweden
Lomma
Skåne
flag msg tools
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/3/26/let-the...

Someone at FFG certainly put their thinking cap on, staggering the fleet point standard to match expanding releases, to whit;

Core set only standard: 180p

Wave 1 Standard: 300p

Wave 2 standard: 400p

Rediculously happy that it got increased to 400, 300 felt -just- sligtly too small, 400 should be awesome, with a fighter cap of 133p!

Edit: Also, four victories! With upgrades, or a good fighter screen! Woop Woop!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Fienberg
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thats a lot of CR90's *smirk*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ltmechanicus wrote:
Thats a lot of CR90's *smirk*

9 of them...
(almost forgot the admiral...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sweet! I was begining to worry how on earth I would fit an ISD into a playable list, since I'm ball-parking it at around 150 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Noteworthy: each player has to have their own damage deck. No sharing core sets!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Fienberg
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
No sharing in tourneys at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
5 x Victory-1 with Motti to up the hull from 8 to 10 on each of them & no other upgrade 399 points. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And all of a sudden it becomes worth it to buy two core sets because eventually 3 Vics will be feasible ... what a coincidence ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This does make me wonder if the Mon Calamari Cruiser and Imperial Star Destroyer are going to have a REALLY high point cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen biggs
England
flag msg tools
Excellent, I was wondering if it was just me who thought a single ISD is not what I'd describe by the word "Armada".

chrisdk wrote:
And all of a sudden it becomes worth it to buy two core sets because eventually 3 Vics will be feasible ... what a coincidence ;-)

3-VSD is sort of feasible at 300pts. So long as your opponent doesn't play 100pts of fighters. My main reason not to buy 3*VSD's is I'm saving for 2*ISD's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XAos wrote:
Excellent, I was wondering if it was just me who thought a single ISD is not what I'd describe by the word "Armada".

chrisdk wrote:

3-VSD is sort of feasible at 300pts. So long as your opponent doesn't play 100pts of fighters. My main reason not to buy 3*VSD's is I'm saving for 2*ISD's.

Yeah, but basically at 300 points with at least 243 points spoken for by ships and the commander you are either forgoing upgrades or a fighter screen, so I figured that either would be a pretty bad idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Pham
United States
Whittier
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just remember, TIE Fighter squadrons are only 8 points each. That's a whole lot of cannon fodder to engage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisdk wrote:

This isn't a positive to me.

I was already looking at the game as an expensive diversion from XWM. Now, it's looking very hard to justify trying to maintain both. Given how pot-committed I already am to XWM, and how the dogfights are more core to the Star Wars experience to me than capital ship battles (I mean, the fact that they have to start inventing/drawing from EU on the FIRST WAVE for Rebels speaks volumes), and moving to 400 points means that Armada is raising the bar it'll need to clear to get any expanding purchases from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffis wrote:
chrisdk wrote:

This isn't a positive to me.

I was already looking at the game as an expensive diversion from XWM. Now, it's looking very hard to justify trying to maintain both. Given how pot-committed I already am to XWM, and how the dogfights are more core to the Star Wars experience to me than capital ship battles (I mean, the fact that they have to start inventing/drawing from EU on the FIRST WAVE for Rebels speaks volumes), and moving to 400 points means that Armada is raising the bar it'll need to clear to get any expanding purchases from me.

You mean EU for the imperials. The Neb-B appears at the end of Empire Strikes Back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He means the Rebel Mark II Assault Frigate in Wave 1. Kind of an important ship from a design point of view because it gives the Rebels something that can stand up to the Victory Class in Wave 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like an odd ship to pick on considering the Imperials don't get a movie ship until wave 2.

Regardless of canon, I'm excited for a capital ship game in the SW universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
Seems like an odd ship to pick on considering the Imperials don't get a movie ship until wave 2.

Regardless of canon, I'm excited for a capital ship game in the SW universe.

The canon is what makes it the SW universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's all a fictional universe. Canon doesn't matter. I like the ships they've put out and its SW enough in style for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
It's all a fictional universe. Canon doesn't matter. I like the ships they've put out and its SW enough in style for me.

I'm the same way- I was annoyed by the non-movie fighters in X-Wing, but when it comes to this I find I don't mind at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was originally very annoyed by the idea of the Gladiator Star Destroyer, but once I made the connection that black dice = barrages of missiles and that the Gladiator is just an insane close-range missile brawler I have been convinced that it will add a lot to the game even if the lore origins of it are pretty obscure (I assume? I'd never heard of it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hansolo88 wrote:
I was originally very annoyed by the idea of the Gladiator Star Destroyer, but once I made the connection that black dice = barrages of missiles and that the Gladiator is just an insane close-range missile brawler I have been convinced that it will add a lot to the game even if the lore origins of it are pretty obscure (I assume? I'd never heard of it).

droids, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.