Hiram Witkop
msg tools
If a character is sacked can they still use their triggered abilities on attachments? ie Steward of Gondor or Navi’s belt?

Thanks,
hy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Attachments like Steward of Gondor and Narvi's Belt should still work. Sacked! only prevents the hero's own effects from triggering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about cards like Cram? Could you place Cram on a sacked Bilbo, then ready him (to exhaust him to remove the sack on him later)? I want to find a way to get Bilbo to be useful after he's been sacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemysław Rodzoń
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
As far as I remember, all sacks say something like "this character can not be readied". So no, but you can use Bilbo to unsack himself, then use Cram, or any other way to ready him again to unsack someone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, how can Bilbo unsack himself? Isn't he unable to be readied once he has a sack on himself? So how can he exhaust/etc to unsack the others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythdracon wrote:
Wait, how can Bilbo unsack himself?

With the Troll camp card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Stanley
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Note that Bilbo can only unsack himself if he is readied, and he cannot be readied from being exhausted while sacked, so therefore you must have bilbo already ready when he gets sacked, and then also have the Troll Camp card, and then always de-sack Bilbo FIRST before de-sacking anyone else, since the act of de-sacking exhausts Bilbo.

We figured this out the hard way: we had Bilbo de-sack another hero first (desperately needed that hero to fight a troll) and then realized we now had no way of claiming the Troll Key because Bilbo could never become readied in order to exhaust in order to claim the key. Won the scenario, but got no treasure. yuk

So: you want to make it so that either Bilbo won't get sacked (pretty hard to guarantee), or make sure he is never exhausted in phase 2 so he'll be ready in his sack if you can get Troll Camp out, and then make sure he always de-sacks himself before trying to de-sack anyone else (and make sure he doesn't then get sacked before he readies again).

I fault the game a bit because thematically I think Bilbo should have an exception in Troll Camp that lets him ready himself while sacked, or perhaps have his own ability to ready himself while sacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sly Hat Jones wrote:
I think Bilbo should have an exception in Troll Camp that lets him ready himself while sacked, or perhaps have his own ability to ready himself while sacked.

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So once Bilbo gets sacked, it's almost impossible to get him out, it seems?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythdracon wrote:
So once Bilbo gets sacked, it's almost impossible to get him out, it seems?

Yeah, and this is the first scenario, and it is so tough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.