Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Variants

Subject: Balanced buffs for the big Borg Cube. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derrick Marais
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to buff up the Borg Cube so it is more representative of the Cube in "Best of Both Worlds", but still have it be points balanced?

I know it's crazy but I basically want to run 20-30 ships against the cube and have it be a close fight.

Can it be done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
Not with the slots. The biggest problem is that with only 20 HP, the ship will die, potentially in the first round of firing. You'd need a bunch of Ablative hull armors just to absorb damage. Shield matrix would also make sense.

Avoid Locutus as a Captain. I know you want him for fluff, but he's not good. Take a Borg Queen, or the Picard from the started, and call him an assimilated version, that way you get battle stations.

I'd also alter the deployment so that the 20-30 ship player has to bring ships on in waves. They should have to deploy maybe 3-5 ships each round.

Also worth giving the Borg a free regenerate each round without losing your attack. That would be indicative of the cube's power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Give it some of the abilities from the Wolf 359 mission that comes with it, the 2 tokens per ship that it can spend to do things from the mission card. From the time we ran the mission the cube was very dangerous until it ran out of those tokens.

I would agree with sending the ships in waves would be the way to go, it would keep the game moving as 20-30 ships on the table at one time will take a while to run a turn through. Also the actual battle of wolf 359 was done in waves in an attempt to limit friendly fire in the vicinity of the cube. All it did was allow the cube to pick each wave off before moving onto the next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.