Jeff Hendrycks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to figure out how I set up notifications to a thread I've either created or replied in, to see new responses... and can't seem to figure out how to do it. Could anyone tell me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, creating or replying automatically subscribes you to it. No extra work at all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:
Also, creating or replying automatically subscribes you to it. No extra work at all!

I don't believe that's correct.

There is, however, an optional check-box when you are posting or replying to subscribe to a thread, if that's what you were referring to. You do have to actively check it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Hunt
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some subscription preferences where you can set the default for whether or not you auto subscribe for different kinds of thing you can reply to
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
Timotheous wrote:
There are some subscription preferences where you can set the default for whether or not you auto subscribe for different kinds of thing you can reply to

Woot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dixon
United States
Mauldin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadowen wrote:

Only if you have it set up that way under your preferences.

Also of note for the OP, you can also subscribe to people, which is something--embarassingly--that I only learned this week.

After being on the site for a long time.

Like, since 2007.

Diis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Timotheous wrote:

I suppose I set that up way back when. I don't remember. But it's been working exactly like that ever since.

Nice catch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hendrycks
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Timotheous wrote:

Perfect. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.