Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little confused about how reinforcements enter.

1st: The scenario book say to enter in this order, does it mean specifically as listed (2:00pm= A,B,C, not B, C, A) or do they just mean 3:00pm cannot come until all of the 2:00pm people are out?

2nd: About the paying one more MP then the previous unit-I'm confused about that...maybe someone can dumb it down for me? And I don't know if my reinforcements come in stacks or enter per unit. As you can see, I don't have a grasp AT ALL on how this works

Hope someone can help, I'm finding the other rules to be pretty normal, just not sure how to interpret these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dengel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
1. your latter surmise is correct, 3PM cannot come in till all of the 2PM reinforcements.

2. units may enter as stacks, paying attention to the stacking limitations.
Using Iuka as an example, if a CSA stack enters at 2812 if would pay 1 MP. If a second stack enters the same hex the same segement, it would pay 2 MPs. If a third stack enters the same hex the same segment it would pay 3 MPs. and so on.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Kuhn

Redlands
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Picture the reinforcements off map in a line one behind the other. You are paying for the off map hexes that were occupied by the units in front of you. eg. Stack A enters the map. Stack B would pay for Stack A's off map hex then enter the map. Stack C would pay for both A's and B's then enter and so on. If you don't have enough MP's to enter, you would have to wait til the next turn. Hope this helps. Enjoy the game. Great system.

Cheers,
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dengel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
perfectly explained Mike. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks guys, I got my head around it and it's quite obvious now. Playing first game tonight, so may have a post game set of new questions (As always). Appreciate the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dengel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Post away. always glad to help. what game are you starting?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iuka. Have a couple rule questions and just some design questions written down. Once I'm on a desktop I'll type them in a new thread to help other searchers.

Fun game, played for few hours and got to turn three, but we both had only skimmed the rules a bit previously. Seems tough to win all the objectives, but seeing how hard units take to being routed and such I can see an aggro player pulling it off. Really enjoy the combat, more of a pleasure than the GMT American System (which is what we played last and is similar enough for comparison). Basically 4 games in 1. Not a fan of the facing rules based on the chit size, seems to be too clunky for what you get for it game-wise, but I'm sure we're not playing correctly 100% yet, so this is more of first impressions.

So far, I'd definitely recommend and will be getting Vol. 2 sight unseen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dengel
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thanks for the comments Ryan. By all means, post your questions, whether rules or design. always enjoy clarifying rules and "justifying" my design decisions. BTW, trust you are using the 2.0 rules posted on this forum. By the gist of your previous posts, seems like you are.

Thanks for the recommendation and for the "faith" you've put into Vol 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Kuhn

Redlands
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You bet. This system has rapidly become one of my faves for ACW.

Cheers,

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.