Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, all.

So, there's a strong chance that I'll be moving to the Vegas area within the next few months (May-June). I don't know anyone out there except for a few in-laws, so I'll be looking to make some connections and hopefully either join an existing group for regular board/card/RPG gaming or else try to find folks interested in helping me form one.

From the looks of it, I'll most likely be living in West Vegas (Spring Valley/Enterprise area) but I'm just hoping there are folks within reasonable driving distance.

Also, any recommendations about local game stores that support open tables for play would be great, as well as just good quality game stores in general.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Myers
msg tools
mbmbmb
Heya,

We run a game night at Old School Brewing in Las Vegas, which is on the side of town you'll end up on. We're there every Tuesday night from 7pm on.
You should definitely swing by, we've got a lot of great gamers.

Here's the link to our FB page if you want to check us out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Ryan!

The details of my move are still pending (it's now looking more like August-September) but I will certainly try to look you guys up when I get there.

About how many folks do you have on an average turn-out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a couple of game groups that get together at different times during the week. Most of us are on the West side of town. Let us know when you get in town and we'll drop you an invite. Our group depends on the game - 3-5 players pretty regularly.

There are also a few shops that you can game at as well. Little Shop of Magic (SW part of town) and Shall We Play (NW part of towm).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Myers
msg tools
mbmbmb
On Tuesday nights we get about 25-35 people, on average.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thank you both! Looking forward to new gaming friends!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Williams
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Is the group ok with/good for kids?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Myers
msg tools
mbmbmb
Kids are fine, but I wouldn't explicitly call the Tuesdays a kid event... the Saturday event, on the other hand, is a little different.

More specifically -

The brewpub is a restaurant too, so kids are welcome. On Tuesdays we run pretty late, though, from 7pm until 12 or later. We do have people that bring kids by now and again, and we do have a couple of kids games, though I would say it's only adults 95% of the time.

Since Saturday is an all day event, it'll be a little more kid-friendly (my kids will be there for some of it, in fact).

So, basically, you can always bring kids by on Tuesday, they might just get bored... but definitely bring them on Saturday.

Make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Mitchell
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
I just saw the post about Saturday gaming. Where is that session held? Terry's post mentioned invite. Can I get an invite? Who do I contact? I've been looking for ftf in Vegas for some time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Con
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
The Las Vegas Board Game Convention
mbmb
Check out Mid Meeple in October. Should be a great way to meet some local gamers.

http://www.meeplecon.com/#!mid-meeple/czs0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the only way to register for Mid Meeple is to register for Meeplecon 2016? Same venue location?

T-Mo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Francis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Hey Jordan,
I also just moved to Vegas and have been looking to get into the gaming scene. I just picked up 3 core set of 40k Conquest and then went on vacation so I haven't been able to play. I play all types of games and am always looking for new ones to learn. I'll let you know when in get back and maybe we can hang out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Con
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Yes Terry. Thanks for your question. I see we may need to clarify this on the website.

On the morning of Mid Meeple, we will simply print out a list of all paid MeepleCon registrations up to that point and time. If you are on the list, then you will enter for free. If you're not on the list, then you will need to pay for your MeepleCon registration at the door to enter. Registration goes up for all three day passes after Sunday. October 4th, so if you know you are going to MeepleCon, then make sure you pay before then. Even earlier is better for us, since it will help us determine what we may need for Mid Meeple in terms of tables, etc.

So, to clarify further...

1)All you need to do is register for MeepleCon. There's nothing extra that needs to be done for Mid Meeple, other than attending and having some fun of course.

2)Both Mid Meeple (October) and MeepleCon (March) will be held at the same venue (Eastside Cannery). We have just reserved less space for Mid Meeple, since it will be a smaller event.

3)Don't forget that in addition to being a fun-filled day of casual gaming, Mid Meeple will also include a flea market/trade fair. In the hopes of freeing up more time for gaming, we posted a Geeklist to try and help facilitate some sales/trades beforehand. Games can then be simply exchanged at Mid Meeple. People, of course, are free to sell/trade all day long if they want as well. I posted my list. Let me know if you see something that peeks your interest.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/193185/mid-meeple-tra...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My work schedule doesn't afford me the flexibility to plan that far in advance. I plan on attending Meeplecon but Oct will be too early to lock in for me so what is cost for mid meeple if I can attend. It was a great event so it is on my list for sure - schedule permitting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Con
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Hi Terry. I understand your dilemma, but Mid Meeple is an exclusive event for MeepleCon registrants only. So, registration for MeepleCon will be required to attend Mid Meeple.

Having said that, our refund policy is as follows: We will gladly refund weekend pre-registrations up to 30 days before the event, minus a service charge of $10.00.

So, if you register for MeepleCon before October 3rd, attend Mid Meeple on October 3rd, then decide not to attend MeepleCon at any point up until 30 days before the MeepleCon event, then your cost for Mid Meeple would essentially be the $10 service charge for the refund. But, if you are able to attend MeepleCon after all, then your cost for Mid Meeple would be zero.

That's how we decided to organize things for Mid Meeple this time around. I hope that works for you and I hope to see you there.

T-Mo wrote:
My work schedule doesn't afford me the flexibility to plan that far in advance. I plan on attending Meeplecon but Oct will be too early to lock in for me so what is cost for mid meeple if I can attend. It was a great event so it is on my list for sure - schedule permitting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.