Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
Emanuele,

A couple of quick questions.

1. The French setup sheet (with the unit images) has Gamelin in Paris at two steps on the September 1939 turn. The one-page setup instructions for the 1939 deployment for the six countries has Gamelin in Paris at one step. Which is correct? I would hope that it is two as Gamelin should be able to make a DOW and fuel one French fleet (as the French Navy HQ needs to fuel two itself).

2. For Poland, can another unit besides the Polish SL set up in Warsaw? I thought that the setup can only have one unit in a hex - but there is an image downloaded on BGG which shows the Polish SL and a 4 step Polish infantry in Warsaw at the start of the game.

3. Does the Italian Navy need to be positioned anywhere to ensure that the 1 PP from Ethopia makes it to Italy - or the 3 PP from the U.S.?

Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure Greg,

Gamelin starts the game at 2, while only one unit may be deployed in Warsaw (the Leader).

During playtesting, as you have noticed, we tried to allow two, but the task for the Germans was then just to difficult to be accomplished in one month, and we have retained the other option for an alternative setup we sometimes use (Polish Deploy Inland).

About the Italians the issue is critical.

The Italians receive the Italo-American Friendship PP free (no Fleet is needed) while the Ethiopia ones can be collected only if the Italians have 1 Fleet in the Med and 1 in the Red Sea (which is not that easy to accomplish).

Does it help?

ema

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Rogers
United States
APO
US Armed Forces - Europe
flag msg tools
I wasn't sure about the method for bringing over the Ethiopia PP since there isn't a Convoy box printed on the map for that route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Santandrea
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I love it when a plan comes together!
mbmbmbmbmb
grogers64 wrote:
I wasn't sure about the method for bringing over the Ethiopia PP since there isn't a Convoy box printed on the map for that route.

Yes Greg,

you right, the space there is very limited.

The rules state that players should use the Strategic Map in that case.

ema
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.