GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,603 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
145 Posts
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] | 

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Web Based Skirmish Team Builder (updated) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobias Ickler
Germany
flag msg tools
Hey,

first of all: thanks for the great builder!

I have a suggestion that would really help me as a non-English-player. In our country not all sets are available yet and only published packs are legal for tourneys. In the command card section, there is a hint below each card which pack contains the specific card.

It would be very useful, if this hint would also be available below the deployment cards!

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tharin
Switzerland
Dübendorf
Schweiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Until what expansion does it include cards atm ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Millett
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just added the cards for the latest three figure packs. The builder should have everything released so far. jeemusu will have to update the filters with a code change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Millett
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeemusu wrote:
Things are a bit hectic right now, but I will update the filters for the new expansions and chuck the codebase on github in the next day or two. For those who are interested, the backend API runs on Lumen (php). The front end is pretty much just jquery spaghetti code. I am halfway through re-writing the entire front-end in reactjs but the move has forced me to put it on the back burner, I plan to finish it up as soon as I'm settled in which should be in the next couple of months.

How is this coming? I'd love to help with the code. With the new figure pack announcements today we're going to be getting a Jedi version of Luke. Might want to add the flavor/title text for cards that have them because we will have both Luke Skywalker: Hero of the Rebellion and Luke Skywalker: The Last of the Jedi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Helfrich
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just noticed the addition to see armies other have created. I like it a lot!

My first thought is I'd like to filter by multiple Deployment Cards (ex. Vader & The Grand Inquisitor) to see all combos of those two.

Also, I enjoy throwing together Deployment groups, but I don't necessarily want to take the time to choose Command Cards. I would love the ability to save a Deployment group alone and not have to select Command cards.

Thanks again for putting this site together!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Hendrix
Netherlands
Geleen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Firstly, thanx for the great tool, I've been using it for quite a while now.
We would like to have an option to have more then 40pts, we want to experiment with bigger battles, is this possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
devin ott
msg tools
mbmb
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the "Vehicle" trait is not under the search feature for deployment cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
leonardo balbi
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great tool indeed ...
I wish I could mark the expansions that I have and how many copies of them so the database can show only deployment and command cards for the expansions that I previously marked .

That would be a huge plus for me and I believe , for many . I build and print my armies at work so I dont have the deploy cards with me all the time...

Thanks ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan McCoy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
and His Amazing Zoo Crew!
badge
I'm Spader-Man.
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like people should probably stop requesting any further added features until the designer of the app starts working on it again (if that ever even happens). The last response he posted was over 4 months ago, and I'm sure he has enough suggestions to work on for now!

I for one hope that work continues on this team builder, as it's widely acknowledged as a great resource. Plus, the Internet already has enough projects that the designer worked on up until a certain point and then abandoned, so I'm hoping that ia-armies.com does not become yet another casualty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the tool down or just a temporary network problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esa Nahka
msg tools
Site not working currently... Really hope this is not permanent as the tool was pretty damn good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hesitate to mention a competitor's site, especially since I don't feel it's truly ready (still kind of a beta feel, basic functionality exists, but entirely polished), but as an alternative you could use http://www.jediwars.com

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Hergl
Germany
Riemerling near Munich
flag msg tools
I give demos for the Star Wars LCG in Munich
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I hesitate to mention a competitor's site, especially since I don't feel it's truly ready (still kind of a beta feel, basic functionality exists, but entirely polished), but as an alternative you could use http://www.jediwars.com

-shnar

If it was up to date I would.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's only missing the last wave. I'll see about adding that today...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
msg tools
mbmbmb
great work on the site. just getting into skirmish and this has been a great way for me to play around w ideas without breaking out my actual game and figuring out if there's any added packs i should buy.

1- i see command cards for wave 7, but dont see the filter for it on the drop down. wasnt sure if that was still on your to do list or if it just slipped

2- would be helpful if for each of the saved armies, there was a list of all the packs required to build that list (at least for the command cards). I've tried to use some of the saved lists based on the deployment cards used, but then quickly found many of those lists had command cards that came from packs where the corresponding character wasnt included.

3- any plans to add some kind of identifier to skirmish upgrade cards to know which set/pack theyre found in?

4- any thoughts on allowing users to upload/download a saved vassal file?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Hergl
Germany
Riemerling near Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The website is working again and including all the latest deployment cards as far as I can tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Millett
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not the maintainer of the app, but jeemusu has given me access to the database. I have access to add new cards and to update existing cards - I don't have access to any of the code.

Jmdgls wrote:
1- i see command cards for wave 7, but dont see the filter for it on the drop down. wasnt sure if that was still on your to do list or if it just slipped

Unfortunately this is in the code right now - jeemusu has to update this. I think it would be relatively simple to make this so it's based on what sets are in the DB (so once a new set is added to the DB, the drop-down is updated as well) but this requires additional development.

Jmdgls wrote:
2- would be helpful if for each of the saved armies, there was a list of all the packs required to build that list (at least for the command cards). I've tried to use some of the saved lists based on the deployment cards used, but then quickly found many of those lists had command cards that came from packs where the corresponding character wasnt included.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Jmdgls wrote:
3- any plans to add some kind of identifier to skirmish upgrade cards to know which set/pack theyre found in?

There doesn't seem to be a field in the database for this yet, but I'm sure it could be added at some point.

Jmdgls wrote:
4- any thoughts on allowing users to upload/download a saved vassal file?

I've actually looked into this some. To be able to create a file that could be imported into the Vassal module would take quite a bit of knowledge of how things are set up in Vassal. It's likely doable, but perhaps it would take some sort of ia-armies to Vassal module mapping (additional development of course and perhaps some coordination with the Vassal module developer(s)).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
One (hopefully) minor feature I'd like to see is making the neutral deployment cards explicit, ie -

* Add a filter for "Neutral" into the Faction drop-down.
* Add an icon for "Neutral" so they line up nicely with the other cards

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lachlan Macwhirter
Australia
Pyrmont
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Hi, this is a great tool. Thanks for making it. Is there a way to edit saved lists? Unless I'm missing something once a list is saved there is no way to make any changes to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Hoffman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the hard work you do to maintain this thing. My brother in law and I spend hours on the site. Are you able to add the new cards for Jabba's realm and the recent expansions? They come out tomorrow and I'm super pumped to get to some hardcore list building on the site. Thanks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Millett
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have updated the database with the cards shown in the previews for Jabba's realm and the figure packs. There may be a few unspoiled cards that are not in the builder yet. I won't be picking up the new stuff until next week, so let me know if I'm missing anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark Hoffman
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
You. Da. Man. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bilbo Baggins
msg tools
I noticed after the Jabba's Realm release, that Vinto's skirmish card has a small error. Her first skill currently reads surge: + 1 Weaken. From her card, it should be surge: +1 damage, Weaken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Millett
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightwookies wrote:
I noticed after the Jabba's Realm release, that Vinto's skirmish card has a small error. Her first skill currently reads surge: + 1 Weaken. From her card, it should be surge: +1 damage, Weaken.

Fixed! Thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Engler
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
engler.ca
badge
Don't get caught watching the paint dry.
mbmbmbmbmb
Such a great tool!

Slight spelling mistake... the HK Assassin Droids (regular and elite) are in there as "Assasin" droids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.