Robb
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm currently building some origami icehouse pyramids and was interested in introducing my wife to some of the games that use Icehouse pieces.

Which is the best Icehouse game for 2 players? Is there an Icehouse version of Lost Cities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with Volcano or Homeworlds (look for the rules to the "binary" variant). For Volcano, I always play with the rule that you can only move one individual cap per turn, but as many times as you like; otherwise, the game is just far too prone to "Well, let me just try this and see what happens... if I move this, then this... wait, that didn't work! Where was everything?!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play Volcano with my wife. We play where you can move any number of caps as long as no eruption occurs, but if you move the cap, that's it, it's moved. It does add to the analysis, but for us, it works well enough.

You might also want to try Gnostica.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice Towers is pretty wild. Stacking and mining and all kinds of crazy fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Lacombe
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
Suddenly a shot rang out! A door slammed. The maid screamed. Suddenly a pirate ship appeared on the horizon! While millions of people were starving, the king lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in Kansas, a boy was growing up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Malacandra wrote:
Ice Towers is pretty wild. Stacking and mining and all kinds of crazy fun.

Does it really work with 2 with the "ghost" player? I never tried it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
torpedo is light but fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My fave is the predecessor to Gnostica, which is called Zarcana.

Of course for both one needs a Tarot deck that preferably has stickers applied to each, so it takes some work to create a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Van Verth
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife really likes 2-player Zarcana -- she usually makes do with the cheat sheet and no stickers. It doesn't work well with the Baseball Tarot, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Pikemen a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2 player version of Zendo with each player choosing a rule and both players marking all the koans on different sides is quite fun too (as long as both players choose rules with similar difficulty).

Two player homeworlds is very much like chess and my gf doesn't enjoy it a lot, but she enjoys Volcano and RAMbots. Also Martian Backgammon is a nice light game too.

-Jorge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for all the great suggestions geeks!

While we're at it:

What do you like better Gnostica or Zarcana?

Thanks! goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peacmyer wrote:
My fave is the predecessor to Gnostica, which is called Zarcana.

Of course for both one needs a Tarot deck that preferably has stickers applied to each, so it takes some work to create a set.

There is a generic tarot deck for gnostica that has been linked to in the past that is easy to print and sleeve for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.