Cthulhu Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: sleeper spellbooks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon berggren
Sweden
skellefteå
flag msg tools
every one ells is out of power (ended ther turn), i use my actions to get my spellbooks

• As an action spend 3 power. choose another player. that player receives 3 power
• As an action spend 3 power. all other players receive one power each

are they back on turn now and can use their power?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maldion wrote:
every one ells is out of power (ended ther turn), i use my actions to get my spellbooks

• As an action spend 3 power. choose another player. that player receives 3 power
• As an action spend 3 power. all other players receive one power each

are they back on turn now and can use their power?

Yes ! The only exception is Windwalker if he was hibernating. For all the other ones if you get back some Power, you can take Actions again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This also happens if Yellow Sign has Passion and they lose a Cultist, or if you use Shriveling against someone (from the Azathoth expansion), or if you sack your High Priest to get 2 Power (High Priest expansion).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you sack your high priest if you are out of power, or is that considered an action? My understanding is that you can't do any "free actions" if you are out of power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
morpheus133 wrote:
Can you sack your high priest if you are out of power, or is that considered an action? My understanding is that you can't do any "free actions" if you are out of power.

Yes because sacrificing a High Priest is not an Action (exactly like Devolve is not an Action); it is something you can do "in reaction" at the end of anyone's action
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdamStarks wrote:
... or if you sack your High Priest to get 2 Power (High Priest expansion).

Nice, he's like a battery from hell. Didn't realize you could do it at zero power, that makes him much more useful IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. He can resurrect you in a pinch. He is a nice flexible unit that benefits every faction in a slightly different way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One question I had from the rules... IIRC they say that if there's a dispute on action resolution order, it should resolve in player order. Does that mean from the ACTIVE player, or the STARTING player?

NEVERMIND, the latest version of the rules seems pretty clear, albeit counter-intuitive to me personally:

Quote:
“Interruption” Abilities
Cthulhu’s Devolve Spellbook can be used after any player’s Action, even if it is not your turn. In future expansions more “interrupting” type abilities will be added. When these are used in the Action Phase, they always occur after another player’s Action. If two players each want to use such an ability and there is a dispute over whose Action goes first, resolve it by turn order (i.e., starting player goes first).

Thanks,

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Robertson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
High Priests are one of those expansions that is an absolute "MUST" to play with each game session. They provide each faction with the option of an emergency power-up should it be warranted. Crawling Chaos players excel when using the "Harbinger", "Thousand Forms, and High Priest combo.

Cthulhu Wars! Game responsibly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.