Markococo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I have a green adventure token on the exploration deck and send Friday out with the dog to explore.

He automatically succeeds (2 pawns) and discovers the plains (woohoo, cue long afternoons making rope!).

Question: Do I resolve the token (ie. as though a '?' has been rolled), removing it, and therefore give Friday a wound (he does not resolve adventures)?

Or, do I just leave the token where it is for when my explorer is out in the wilds again?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
Same with us.

Less risk in the early game... may not be an option later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no choice here.
Whenever a ?-token is on a card deck, you draw a card even when you do a safe action.
If Friday does the action, he gets a wound and the ?-token is removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markococo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I thought it would be a wound for Friday and remove the token but just wanted to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't deny Friday his adventure! He also wants to have some nice memories from the island! laugh
He's just not very chatty. So he just returns with a wound and simply won't tell you what was written on his adventure card. So much for "learning from each others mistakes" ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
He would tell you, but then, you were to superior to learn his language. Alas, the poor boy only knows a few fragments of that oh so civilized tongue you speak, and therefore rather chooses to abstain from trying altogether...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday often takes one for the team under these circumstances in our games. He's just that kind of guy. And he loves Grandma's recipe...well, he eats it anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stepen Street
United Kingdom
Haywards Heath
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
I'm trying to learn this game at the moment and having a bit of a nightmare. However, as a result of all my fevered forum-reading (thanks for this thread; it helped when I had an adventure token and Friday) I have an additional rule for you that nobody else seems to have mentioned; namely, the rulebook specifically states that Dog can only be used to support another PLAYER'S token, so he cannot be used to support Friday.

I'm just parroting what someone else said on these forums though so can't vouch for this 100%.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
extrememedium wrote:
I'm trying to learn this game at the moment and having a bit of a nightmare. However, as a result of all my fevered forum-reading (thanks for this thread; it helped when I had an adventure token and Friday) I have an additional rule for you that nobody else seems to have mentioned; namely, the rulebook specifically states that Dog can only be used to support another PLAYER'S token, so he cannot be used to support Friday.

I'm just parroting what someone else said on these forums though so can't vouch for this 100%.
Somewhere in the rulebook it does mention that Friday counts as a player in general (just doesn't need food), so the Dog can support his actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
extrememedium wrote:
Well, better don't parrot what someone else said (unless it was me ;-), jk!).

The German rules cover that question:
Friday & the Dog

(For the lazy: Yes, Friday can be supported by the Dog.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stepen Street
United Kingdom
Haywards Heath
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
Ah, great thanks for the clarification. I'm gradually drowning in these rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.