Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: ISS Enterprise pics posted on facebook rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The ISS Enterprise has been spoiled on facebook so for those who aren't on it here's the pics:












9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like these cards. I hope the model doesn't suck.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Burns
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danvan wrote:
I really like these cards. I hope the model doesn't suck.


It's the Tinyprise with black nacelle struts.

I like it all except maybe Chekov, who seems way expensive for very little gain.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does no one ever want to take pictures of the mission too! Really curious how they made a mission out of "Mirror, Mirror."

I like this though. Mostly what I was expecting, as I was expecting... good things!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry DeStefano
United States
Bloomingburg
New York
flag msg tools
Agree at 3 points i would consider chekov but not at 5
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I an see why, Chekov is basically 2 different cards in 1 paying both prices simultainiously.

Now, how bout that Kirk with Intendants Orders?

And just with the cards shown, you can throw 8 dice on a Phaser Barrage at skill 10, once.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the thematic-ness of Agony Booth. Sometimes the Actions don't make that much sense or are a stretch...but this one is a case of game mechanics fitting nicely with the episode IMHO.

Oh and so happy to finally have a Goatee Spock! Love it!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Chakotay(Fed) with Hikaru(Mirror) and Hikaru(TOS).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SMDMadCow wrote:
I an see why, Chekov is basically 2 different cards in 1 paying both prices simultainiously.


Great point. I don't know many situations where I'd use Tuvok, but at the same cost, I'd rather have Chekov if paired with MU Captain Spock.



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maizrim wrote:
SMDMadCow wrote:
I an see why, Chekov is basically 2 different cards in 1 paying both prices simultainiously.


Great point. I don't know many situations where I'd use Tuvok, but at the same cost, I'd rather have Chekov if paired with MU Captain Spock.





To be fair to Tuvok, he isn't an action; just a disable in a faction that has lots of ways to deal with disabled crew.

Quote:
How about Chakotay(Fed) with Hikaru(Mirror) and Hikaru(TOS).


You could accomplish the same with Mirror Spock, if you preferred taking the Aux token over disabling your captain.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
msg tools
For full benefit, you'd also need a way to negate the Aux as you receive it--or be on the USS Enterprise rather than the ISS--else the Aux would prevent you from taking the extra free action off Mirror Sulu.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Doctor wrote:
For full benefit, you'd also need a way to negate the Aux as you receive it--or be on the USS Enterprise rather than the ISS--else the Aux would prevent you from taking the extra free action off Mirror Sulu.


No. For one, you could just do Mirror Sulu as your ship's action for the round, then use Spock to use Fed Sulu's action for free. But using Spock with Mirror Sulu wouldn't prevent you from getting his full effect. Spock is allowing you to perform the upgrade's action and THEN place the aux token (otherwise, you wouldn't actually be able to ever use the upgrade's action at all, making Spock useless!).

In selecting Sulu, you are completing his entire action as written on the card before going back to Spock's "If you do so" clause. The action bar action is a part of Sulu's action, and thus is completed before you get the Aux.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sulu's a good card but against a perma-cloak fleet it's 4 points wasted.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else notice how MU captains have not yet broken skill 7?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmm,

Mirror Spock, First Officer Mirror Sulu, Multi-Targeting Phaser Banks on Regent's Flagship. BS (2 tokens), 2 Target Locks from Sulus/MTPB plus free scan (2 tokens)- that'll make that the Regent's Ability really hurt- and it's all in-faction too.

Once again, I really think whoever have been putting the packs together for the last couple months have been doing a great job of making internally thematic packs and internally thematic factions (the MU, Vulcan and even the Kazon have a definite 'feel' to them as how they play). I know this means that not all the cards are broadly useful beyond these packs, but the attempts and successes at some unifying themes is really neat.


Agony Booth is great too. And perhaps the best thing about this ISS Enterprise pack is I don't see anything in the pack that even remotely compels me to need to buy more than one .
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SteRT wrote:
Sulu's a good card but against a perma-cloak fleet it's 4 points wasted.


True, but MU has like four unusually good cards for stealing or disabling tech that I can think of.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
How about

Enterprise Refit 24
Spock - Mirror 6
Ind Fleet Klingon 5
Fed Talent of choice 0
William T. Riker (Ent-E) 4
Montgomery Scott (Refit) 4
Sulu Mirror 4
Sulu (Tinyprise) 2
Phlox 1

At least twice per game you get:

Spock - Sulu (Scotty takes aux)
Riker - Sulu
Enterprise special ability

Making the refit a 5/3/4/4 with target lock, battlestations both offense and defense. If you're worried about cloaking, you can swap Tinyprise sulu for Deanna Troi, but you would want to free up points for discard replacement effects (Crusher, Nalas, Goval)

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
msg tools
yourmonkey06 wrote:
The_Doctor wrote:
For full benefit, you'd also need a way to negate the Aux as you receive it--or be on the USS Enterprise rather than the ISS--else the Aux would prevent you from taking the extra free action off Mirror Sulu.


No. For one, you could just do Mirror Sulu as your ship's action for the round, then use Spock to use Fed Sulu's action for free. But using Spock with Mirror Sulu wouldn't prevent you from getting his full effect. Spock is allowing you to perform the upgrade's action and THEN place the aux token (otherwise, you wouldn't actually be able to ever use the upgrade's action at all, making Spock useless!).

In selecting Sulu, you are completing his entire action as written on the card before going back to Spock's "If you do so" clause. The action bar action is a part of Sulu's action, and thus is completed before you get the Aux.


Oh, good point! Thanks, that definitely raises the profile of Mirror Spock/Mirror Sulu!

I gotta say--I love that Mirror Spock is a higher-skill captain than Mirror Kirk. For that matter, that's kind of a trend in the MU, isn't it? Smiley O'Brien is a point up on trigger-happy Sisko, too. And Regent Worf is only a 3 to Intendant Kira's 4--not that you'd notice the latter, since Worf is always used for his Admiral side.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SteRT wrote:
Sulu's a good card but against a perma-cloak fleet it's 4 points wasted.


But you are not performing a TL action, the card says to aquire a lock. Would that work through cloak? I bet not but someone can ask WORF.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SMDMadCow wrote:
SteRT wrote:
Sulu's a good card but against a perma-cloak fleet it's 4 points wasted.


But you are not performing a TL action, the card says to aquire a lock. Would that work through cloak? I bet not but someone can ask WORF.


I wouldn't think so. The rules of getting a Target Lock should still apply.

Edit: Actually, on reflection, given Sulu's wording, I could see them ruling that not to be the case. After they do the preview this week, its something that should get asked on the rules forum.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Powell
msg tools
Stupid Idea me and some friends were chatting only just picked up Attack Wing but lemme see if I've got this chain right

ISS Enterprise
Mirror Kirk
Phaser Barrage
Riker (Enterprise E Riker)
Marleena
O'Brien (Starter)
Doctor (Voyager)

With out of faction penalties 47 points
Target lock when you get into contact

Next turn

Disable Riker to use Kirks action for free, disable Marleena and O'Brien for +2 attack dice use the doctor as your 1 action to re-enable all crew attack with phaser barrage rolling 6 dice odds on scoring an additional 3 from barrage to net a 9 Dice attack

Next turn

Spend an action to re-enable the phaser barrage, fire primary with the target lock you still have for 4 attack dice due to the ISS enterprise ability

Next Turn

Disable Riker to use Kirks action for free, disable Marleena and O'Brien for +2 attack dice use the doctor as your 1 action to re-enable all crew attack with phaser barrage rolling 6 dice odds on scoring an additional 3 from barrage to net a 9 Dice attack


Repeat ad Nauseum.


Im sure there are other power combo;s out there but that one seems pretty potent and funny to put out 9 attack dice from a constitution....
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty neat expansion Kirk, Spock and the unique ship card are pretty boss.

I wasn't too keen on them doing the Mirror Universe when I first read it in the rule book but I think they've pulled it off VERY well so far.

I'm sold.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
yourmonkey06 wrote:
SMDMadCow wrote:
SteRT wrote:
Sulu's a good card but against a perma-cloak fleet it's 4 points wasted.


But you are not performing a TL action, the card says to aquire a lock. Would that work through cloak? I bet not but someone can ask WORF.


I wouldn't think so. The rules of getting a Target Lock should still apply.

Edit: Actually, on reflection, given Sulu's wording, I could see them ruling that not to be the case. After they do the preview this week, its something that should get asked on the rules forum.


From page 11 of the rulebook:
While it is possible to Target Lock an enemy ship the turn that it Cloaks (i.e. if it's Cloak Token is still resting on its ship base), a ship cannot acquire a Target Lock on a ship that has been Cloaked since the previous turn (i.e., if its Cloak Token is now beside the ship base). However, a ship that has acquired a Target Lock on an enemy ship can keep its (Target Lock) Token beside that ship even if the enemy ship later Cloaks and remains Cloaked for more than one turn.

Performing a target lock action allows you to acquire a target lock. MUSulu action allows you to aquire a target lock and do some more stuff. The wording is wierd, but the rulebook is clear. I can't say the WORF won't rule it in some wierd way that ignores the rulebook, but the rulebook is indeed clear.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's what I was originally thinking. The odd wording was what made me sort of hesitate. Surely "perform a Target Lock action" would have been a simpler way of saying it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe. As it stands MU Sulu wont stack with the Multi Phaser Bank disable since it requires the TL action in its text.

*But, MU Sulu only says acquire a TL,so then he could perform the TL action as a free action on another ship and maintain both with the multi phasers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.