2 Posts

Ora et Labora» Forums » Rules

Subject: Player's settlement phase in solo game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Hirschman
United States
flag msg tools
1) On page 8 of the rulebook under the "Solo Game" section it states,"Place the A through D building cards on the spaces intended for them" (next to the game board). No mention is made of placing the four settlement cards (A through D) of the solo player onto the A through D building card piles next to the game board. I realize that no settlement cards are placed on those piles for the neutral player. But shouldn't the A through D settlement cards be placed on the appropriate A through D piles next to the game board for the actual solo player?

2) On page 8 of the rulebook in the section "A round with settlement phase looks like this," step 6 states, "Carry out the settlement phase." Is this the same as the normal settlement phase (in this case for the solo player) described for 3-4 players on pages 5 and 6 of the rule book? I ask because in the next step (step 7) It states, "Carry out your normal game turn." The word "normal" is not used in describing step 6.

3) A related question: In a previous thread is the following comment: "..In the 2-4 player game you don't lose the option to build buildings that haven't been built by the settlement phase, but in the solo game you do." (The phrase, "haven't been built by the settlement phase" threw me.) Does this refer to the fact that in the solo game, the neutral player overbuilds the available buildings on his board before you actually reach your settlement phase?
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MLeis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) It doesn't matter where you keep the settlement cards A-D but you do use them.

2) Yes, it's the normal settlement phase.

3) It refers to the fact that the neutral player builds the buildings you haven't built, making you unable to build them in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.