Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach Prater
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Firefly, so I eventually got the game. I haven't played it yet, did open the box and felt pretty overwhelmed. Lots of pieces. I have a decent gaming group, but most aren't fans of the show. Does anyone have any links or ideas for the best way to run the game for the first time to make it easy to learn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"First time in the Captain's Chair" is a very short story to start you off. I'd also print out some of the useful player guides here on BGG. There's one in particular that details what stuff (crew, gear, etc) is on what supply planet which can be really helpful for newer players.

The Breakin' Atmo booster also adds more useful crew and gear to more planets and can help players get their team built up sooner, eg by adding PILOTs to Osiris.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread has some info and points to other threads on the same topic.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1323733/suggestions-fir...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Prater
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Terrell
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
A key point which has been valuable when I teach this game is to point out that despite all the apparent 'moving parts' to this game, large groups of those move in the same way. For example, all five supply decks work the same way - consider 3, buy up to 2. Five card piles (10 if you count the corresponding discards), but one rule. The same for the contact decks; 5 (or 10) piles, 1 rule, consider 3 keep up to 2.

That concept alone covers a large portion of the game's real estate. Combined with a coulple of quick references (supplied above), you should be in good shape as you teach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can print out the FAQ at www.fireflythegame.com (How To Play section).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.