Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - I have the...

- 2013 Copyright edition of HoN.

- I have printed out the Version 1.2b, August 2014 rules

- Rewrite based on official rules v.1.2b (Called the Unofficial Rules)

- Rules Corrections in the '13 edition: (one sheet)

- Update 1.2 (August 2014) (3 pages)

So which of these do I use? Want to learn the game but don't want to waste time reading incorrect rules sets, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Taber
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my RPG blog at http://www.usandacat.com/thelair!
badge
Work hard, play hard!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend these:
http://rpggeek.com/filepage/110560/unofficial-manual-rewrite

My son and I are learning it too these seem to be the best to me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this rules set. It was the one I referenced as "based on official rules v.1.2b) and called the "Unofficial Rules." It was posted on Feb 13, 2015 by Dean Ray Johnson.

Is this the best set to go with? Do I still need to read the 2013 HoN rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Unofficial Rules" by Dean Ray Johnson are the best English rules set available. I ONLY use that rules set. There is no need to read any other rules for the game in my opinion. Read the Unofficial Rules and play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Ray Johnson

Houston
Texas
msg tools
OH NO! A BEAR!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
modestmodestmodest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1932f20 wrote:
The "Unofficial Rules" by Dean Ray Johnson are the best English rules set available. I ONLY use that rules set. There is no need to read any other rules for the game in my opinion. Read the Unofficial Rules and play!

Thanks. Digging into it today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CPTNCC1701D wrote:
1932f20 wrote:

I am new to HoN and I just found out about the Unofficial Rulebook.

Can someone tell me why people think the Unofficial Rulebook is better then the Official Rulebook that comes in the boxed game?

I don't want to "waste" my time reading through the Official Rulebook if it contains translation errors, is poorly organized, etc. and the Unofficial Rulebook fixes all this.

Thanks.

Before the latest updates it was required four call the above. I do recall some issues but not Amy have been updated.

However personally I now use the latest rules plus FAQ and official player aid cards, which once you know the rules were all that is required and the rules added not complex.

It is useful for areas where DVG seem stubborn over their view of grammatical rules, forgetting English isn't taught in US and England perhaps the same way as in France,it was once but my children now all adults did not have anymore that basic grammertaught to them.

The area to do wit LOS through an opening springs to mind.

Unofficial rules are needed when the original rules fall short of bthe mark and stay that way, once they are improved there is a danger that they will fall out of step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read the official rule book. When you start scratching your head raw from lack of specificity, then read the unofficial rule book and all will be clear.

The official rule book is very poorly written and not well organized. The unofficial rule book solves those problems by creating a set of rules that one would expect from a commercially sold game, that DPG was unable to provide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is solid. Many of the issues in the English rules set involve translation issues and some organizational problems. It is not disaster but the Unofficial Rules set corrects these things. You can learn the game using the original Devil Pig rules, it just takes more effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2.1B rules set is a big improvement over the original KS set. The Unofficial Rules are better yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is great. The rules are the opposite and I'm referring to 2.1b. Just use the unofficial rule book and you'll have less trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.