Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
From the quest guide:
Quote:
... On a (surge) result, he places I fatigue token in his play area. The overlord cannot do this if Raythen performs an action to
reveal an objective token

What does the underlined this refer to?

The option to discard an OL card to upgrade a yellow die to a green or the ability to roll a die at all? It is somewhat ambiguous, but I think it refers to rolling a die at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AbsoluteXero wrote:
From the quest guide:
Quote:
... On a (surge) result, he places I fatigue token in his play area. The overlord cannot do this if Raythen performs an action to
reveal an objective token

What does the underlined this refer to?

The option to discard an OL card to upgrade a yellow die to a green or the ability to roll a die at all? It is somewhat ambiguous, but I think it refers to rolling a die at all.

If you would have quoted the sentence before that it would be more than clear.
I only have the German quest book but it says in the sentence beforehand something like:
Quote:
If the heroes reveal an objective token, the overlord may roll a yellow die.

So yeah, he can not do that if Raythen performs an action to reveal an objective token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is rolling a die at all. It is clarifying that HERO does not mean ALLY in quest rules. It's unnecessary, but they put it in anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I had always interpreted that the OL could not choose to discard an Overlord card to roll a green power die if Raythen is the one uncovering things, but he still rolled a yellow power die and gained a fatigue token on a Surge. I see now that it's ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Moore
msg tools
I've seen official answers supporting BOTH interpretations. I swear.

In my opinion, is more consistent with the rules, and more thematically adecuate Paul's vision of it. Just sayin..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You could make the thematic justification argument for either interpretation. Either Raythen is a better thief than the heroes so he has a lower chance of triggering the alarm, or he is a much better thief than the heroes (one of whom could literally be a Thief) so he has no chance of triggering the alarm.

This seems like a question that needs to be sent in to FFG, if it hasn't already been.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Sent in question just to be sure. I'll post results when I get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.