Popular Tags: [View All]
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny! I've owned this game for many years and just decided to play it last night. Before that, I had probably played regular Stratego once or twice in the 1980s. I forgot how the game worked.

After reading through the Classic rules, my wife and I were ready to go. I had forgotten how Chess-like the game is... but better than Chess! We weren't expecting to have a lot of fun with this game, but we did.

The game is a mix of different "mechanics" (in order of importance):

1) It has a very strong memory element!
2) It relies heavily on initial piece placement.
3) It requires you to use the right piece for the task.

I wouldn't say it's my favorite game, but it's definitely solid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Rutt
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skadar wrote:
Funny! I've owned this game for many years and just decided to play it last night. Before that, I had probably played regular Stratego once or twice in the 1980s. I forgot how the game worked.

I was in the same boat. Owned it for years and had not played since the 80's and even then only a handful of times.

I had a gaming friend over and he saw it in my gaming closet and was pumped to play. We've played three games within 2 days and are loving it immensly. It's very Chess like and strategic and figuring out an ideal way to place your peices is a fun challenge.

I am really enjoying it and am sure my firend and I will play this many more times soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.