Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Geringer
United States
Forestburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were thinking of running the alchemist but were not sure how he can fight monsters on his turn. We know he is amazing on other characters turns, but his own we are not so sure. We did find one thing he can do but the math seems a bit off so we'd like some clarification on the following:

So, he can use a Noxious Bomb for:

Ranged = 1d8+2
N.Bomb = +2d6

Then discard a card for Craft skill:

Craft = 1d10+3

Then he uses his power, say at max, for:

Discard = 1d6 + poison or fire
Discard card is Alchemist = +1d6

So a level 0 character is doing an attack consisting of:

1d8+2 + 2d6 + d10+3 + 1d6 + 1d6
soblue

I know I am doing this wrong. Someone explain how this attack would work, please!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you've got that right. It is very powerful, but doing that cost you 3 cards from your hand (the bomb, the card to add craft, and the card for Damiel's power) at least some of which ended up in your discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
While primarily used for killing vampires, a wooden stake to the heart is also highly effective against most other opponents.
badge
Everybody wants to be a Game Designer but nobody wants to be a Game Designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know "Craft Skill" for Damiel is 1d10+3 (at the start), but for some reason I've been reading that part of the Noxious Bomb as only adding his +3 Craft.

+3 is still good, but 1d10+3 is better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Schuijers
Netherlands
Uden
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmb
You are playing this right. Damiel is a beast when it comes to encounters in early game. Especially if you find yourself a Healing Potion early on: which basically means infinite health, maybe add a cure.

Damiel has downsides too, though. He is weak against lots and lots of barriers. RotR mainly had Dexterity-Barriers, but in S&S it's an annoying bunch, if you ask me. So he does suffer.

Also: In the end game where you need to make Wisdom/Constitution checks before the encounter and then the encounter has 2 Combat Checks, you're pretty much screwed as Damiel. I actually died in Adventure because I had to bury the 2 top cards of my deck: Healing Potion and Cure: Then I got hit by 6,4 and 5 in 3 consecutive turns.

So, watch out with Damiels: he is REALLY squishy later on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.