Mark Drake
United States
Slidell
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this is to simulate Grabner's recon unit moving from Arnhem towards Nijmegen to scout and report on Allied movement/intentions,which is what that unit did historically.

That way the unit will be available later on to assault Frost's unit holding the bridge from the south (assuming you get Johnny Frost and his chaps to the bridge.....)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Drake
United States
Slidell
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point about possibly not being historical--I remember reading that Frost and his unit got to the bridge about 10 minutes after Grabner's unit had crossed it heading south to Nijmegen,so like to think this Event chit allows the possibility of combat between this unit and any British AB unit heading for Arnhem bridge--this may explain the possible ahistorical event occurring.

Good luck getting to the bridge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Starkweather
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, part of the 9th Pz AA didn't go towards Nijmegen but instead fought north of the Rhine with Krafft et al.

It's been 10 years and to be honest, I don't remember the reason it is different. Likely that it was absorbed more quickly by nearby units - but I can't say for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.