Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Chase
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
mb
So I just popped open the Gambler expansion, because I'm planning to introduce the game to a friend tomorrow in a two-player game.

Comes with three "No Duels" markers, and this rule:

"Duels may now only happen in a town. When a duel happens, place a No Duel token in the town. Once the third town is marked, remove the other two No Duel tokens."

Apparently when people had played the game with two (easily done, although written for 3-5 players), the game had oftened devolved into one player chasing the other around the board, so this was a fix for that.

But now I'm concerned that there won't be many duels, and I don't want the game to become just another "efficiency game". I want some duels.

I had heard about the possibility of the Gambler expansion having a rule that a player in a duels-allowed town could challenge the other player (no matter where his location), and if the other player refused to come to the town (if he accepts, he instantly goes there and duels), then the challenging player gets a Fame. But this didn't make it into the rules.

At this point, I'm thinking of saying that instead of a full Fame point, the challenger would get a token worth a half-point, and see how that goes.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No thoughts, but I'd like to know more about what's in the box!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Schemenaur
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I picked this up and I'm really disappointed in the content. In addition, I was expecting rules for 2 players and not just three sentences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the official FAQ located here, it works as the OP had heard:

Challenger is in a town without a "No Duels" token. He challenges the other player to a duel. If the other player accepts, he's moved to the town and they duel. If he declines, the challenger gets 1 Fame point. Either way, place a "No Duels" token on that town. Once the third "No Duels" token is placed, the other two tokens are removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.