Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Stephens
Australia
Mt Martha
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I have Gildor Inglorion (from the Hills Of Emyn Muil) in play as an ally and I draw the Gildor Inglorion Boon from the encounter deck.

What happens?
Does the boon automatically replace the current ally OR
Do I get to choose which copy of Gildor remains in play and discard the other?

2. When the Gildor Inglorion boon is lost, killed in combat or due to non-payment of a ring resource, is he placed in the encounter discard pile or the player card discard pile?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic B
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your first question is an interesting one, because strangely I never stumbled upon such case.

The core rules just say:
If any player has a unique card in play, no player can
play or put into play another card with the same title.
Any attempt to do so will fail to the extent that the card
attempting to enter play remains in its current location
(hand, deck, discard pile) and does not enter play.

But this would create a paradoxon in this case. And I can't remember any other ruling, but there has to be one i guess. Maybe someone else can help out here?

The rules say:
Each player has his own discard pile, and the encounter
deck also has its own discard pile. Whenever a card is
discarded, it goes to the discard pile belonging to the
card’s originating deck.

The Boon/Objective/Ally-version of Gildor Inglorion originates from the encounter deck and therefore will go to the encounter discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black spark
msg tools
1. Considering uniqueness, if Gildor Inglorion is already in play my inclination is to discard the boon rather than put it into play.

I can't find a ruling on the case at hand, but for consideration the only other expansion (to date) where unique cards come from the encounter deck is Shadow and Flame from the Dwarrowdelf Cycle:

"A unique encounter card (such as "Fiery Sword" and "Whip of Many Thongs") cannot enter play if there is another copy of that card already in play. If this is the case, the card's effects are ignored and the encounter card is placed in the encounter discard pile." -rules insert for Shadow and Flame

2. Discard to the encounter discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Griffiths
United Kingdom
Wrexham
Wrexham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's already come up before, apparently!

Quote:
Hi Keith,
The unique rules for the game prevent the objective ally from entering play at that point because you already have Gildor in play. That means the Gildor objective ally will be discarded with no effect.
Hope you're enjoying The Black Riders!
Cheers,
Caleb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.